You are here
Summer Orientation, Advising and Registration - Online
Welcome to Online Student Orientation and Registration!
We are so thrilled that you will be a part of the Coyote family this fall. This session will help you familiarize yourself with the resources and services that will provide support as you transition to campus and throughout your KWU experience. While we realize that the online version of SOAR does not provide you with the ability to engage personally with our staff, know that you may call our admissions team throughout your session (or any time) at (785) 833-4305.
What you’ll experience today:
Choose your courses during your advising appointment.
Complete and submit your Payment Selection Form.
Watch a few videos about what you’ll need to have completed prior move-in from athletics and financial aid.
Complete emergency medical information on VIVATURE.
Learn more about the free Wesleyan Journey that combines service, learning, and travel.
Learn more about all the co-curricular activities you can be involved with at KWU.
A few important items to note:
- You have received an email with the time of your advising appointment today. It is critical that you are in a quiet place during this call and that you are giving your faculty advisor your full attention as you walk through the course selection process. It will be helpful for you to pull up your degree audit during this time. It can be found on MYKWU > Students > Enrollment & Academic Information > My Degree Progress > View All Details > Printable Degree Audit.
- Please call the Office of Student Financial Planning today (785-833-4319) to discuss how you will pay tuition. It is important that your parents/guardians be on this call with you if they are involved in the payment process. You must have selected which option you will be using for your payment by the end of the SOAR session. They can help you with all paperwork you are required to have submitted so that you can move in this August.
- You may not move in until ALL paperwork is complete. This includes your payment selection form, housing, and emergency contact forms. The VIVATURE video, presented by Dan O’Connell, will walk you through the steps you will need to complete this required online form.
- We have provided links to a variety of web pages that may help answer some of your questions; however, please email firstname.lastname@example.org today with any pressing questions, or call our admission team at (785) 833-4305.
- You will receive your student ID and parking permit at move-in. Move-in for fall athletes and music students is Saturday, August 11. All remaining students will move in on August 18.
- Please log into your MYKWU to find your financial aid award and other important documents. MYKWU is one of the top tabs on the front page of the website. If you need assistance, please call the K-DUB HUB (785) 833-4319.
You are now ready to virtually experience Student Orientation and Registration. Please watch these videos in the order in which they appear. Welcome to KWU!
WELCOME TO ONLINE SOAR!
1. Advising and Course Selection
This will be completed over the phone. Your academic advisor will be calling you at the scheduled appointment time (check your email for this information). Please be in a quiet location and give your advisor your full attention.
2. Welcome - Dr. Matt Thompson, President
3. Financial Aid - Lois Madsen, Director of Student Financial Planning
You have received a packet in the mail that includes options for paying tuition. You must select a payment option and submit the PAYMENT SELECTION FORM as soon as possible to the Office of Student Financial Planning. This form has to be submitted prior to move-in so you can obtain your room key and start classes. Please contact Lois Madsen or Michelle Jensen for further information at (785) 833-4319.
Contact Lois Madsen, Director of Student Financial Planning
Contact Michelle Jensen, Assistant Director of Student Financial Planning
If you still have questions about Financial Aid, this additional video may help. Please reach out to us at (785) 833-4319 today for a quick phone call to discuss your financial aid package and to ask any questions you may still have concerning payment.
4. Housing - Nate Thies, Director of Housing
Contact Nate Thies, Director of Housing
5. ALL STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE the Emergency Information Process (VIVATURE)
Dan O'Connell - Head Athletic Training
It is critical for all students, whether participating in a sport or not, complete these emergency contact information forms. If you do not complete the entire process today, you can go back to this form later; however, it must be completed before move-in. You can download the instructions from the link below to save for a later time. This online SOAR page will not be accessible after today. If you need further assistance, please contact Dan.
6. Athletics at KWU - Mike Hermann, Vice President and Director of Athletics
The next video is for parents of student-athletes.
7. Travel, learn and serve with our free Wesleyan Journey course!
Wesleyan Journey Flier
8. Fine and Performing Arts at KWU
Student Life - What will be your AND?
That's a wrap! If you have additional questions, please call our Admissions Office at (785) 833-4305. We look forward to seeing you on move-in day, August 11 or August 18. Welcome to the Coyote family!