Chair/Director of Nursing
You are here
Kansas Wesleyan University seeks applications for the position of Chair/Director of Nursing Education starting the 2014-15 academic year.
This 10-month, full-time position requires an academically and experientially qualified individual to administer the baccalaureate nursing program. Responsibilities of the Chair/Director of Nursing Education include supervision of nursing faculty and staff; fiscal management, and oversight of accreditation and governance matters. The Chair/Director will also participate in teaching, scholarship, professional, and community service. The Chair/Director will report to the Executive Vice President/Provost of Kansas Wesleyan University.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- An earned doctorate in nursing or a related discipline (required)
- Masters Degree in nursing (required)
- Current nursing license and able to be licensed in Kansas (required)
- Experience and accomplishments sufficient for appointment as an Associate or Full Professor (preferred)
- Prior experience as director of baccalaureate nursing program, including accreditation and program evaluation (preferred)
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience along with a competitive benefit package.
Review of application will continue until a candidate is hired. Individuals wishing to apply should submit their curriculum vitae, three copies of all official transcripts, and names of three references electronically to Rita Northup at email@example.com.
The Kansas Wesleyan University BSN program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing , 3343 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, (404) 975-5000, acenursing.org and is approved by the Kansas State Board of Nursing, Landon State Office Building, 900 SW Jackson, Suite 1051, Topeka, Kansas 66612, (785) 296-4929.