You are here
Speech and Theatre Education Program Mission and Goals
The mission of Communication Studies and Theatre Arts is to prepare students (I) ethically, (II) personally, (III) socially, and (IV) academically for the ever-changing world of digital media, theatre and rhetorical arts.
Students who complete the Bachelor of Arts in Speech and Theatre Education will be able to:
- Design appropriate theatre and speech education skills across various settings, purposes, and audiences.
- Build and maintain healthy and effective relationships with peers.
- Use technology to communicate effectively in various settings and contexts.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the conceptual, historical, and theoretical perspectives that inform the Speech/Theatre Education field.