Cisco Networking Academy
You are here
Get world-recognized computer hardware and networking certification through the Cisco Networking Academy at Kansas Wesleyan University. A person with Cisco certification is recognized worldwide as an individual who has mastered the concepts of hardware and networking. High school and college students, working adults, and management all can benefit from the Cisco Networking Academy curriculum.
Cisco Networking Academy Overview
- The Cisco Networking Academy is an innovative education initiative that provides Information Technology skills to students globally to improve their career and economic opportunities.
- Students worldwide receive the same quality of education through learning curricula, labs and online assessments as well as consistency of certifications. Networking Academy graduates are prepared for professional networking and IT-related careers in the public and private sectors, as well as for higher education in engineering, computer science and related fields.
- The Networking Academy delivers a standards-based, comprehensive IT education that transcends time and place to create opportunity worldwide.
- Helps develop students as “job ready” networking professionals and prepares them for the demands and enormous opportunities of the Information Economy.
- Prepares graduates for industry certification, an international passport to a well-paid career.
- Develops a qualified talent pool for building and maintaining networks and to meet public and private sector development needs.
- Includes highly-complex and challenging hands-on labs.
- Helps students develop the skills necessary to fulfill the job responsibilities of network technicians, network administrators, and network engineers.
KWU courses provide a consistent curriculum that is recognized worldwide as the industry standard. The IT Essentials curriculum prepares students for A+ certification and is open to students with limited computer experience. The CCNA Exploration curriculum is for experienced computer users and will lead to CCNA certification.
- CompTIA A+ Hardware Certification
- The CompTIA A+ certification exam was developed in 1993 at the request of the IT industry; major corporations needed a way to validate the skills of entry-level technicians.
- It is an international, vendor-neutral certification recognized by major hardware and software vendors, distributors and resellers.
- CompTIA A+ certification confirms a technician’s ability to perform tasks such as installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and basic networking. The exams also cover domains such as security, safety issues, environmental issues, communication skills and professionalism.
- With more than 700,000 technicians certified worldwide, CompTIA A+ is still seen by the technology community as the perfect entry into an IT career.
- CISCO Certified Network Associate
- This curriculum presents a comprehensive overview of networking; from fundamentals to advanced applications and services. It is based on the top-down approach to networking that is popular in many colleges and universities. The component emphasizes concepts and skills required to design networks, while providing opportunities for practical application and hands-on experience by teaching students how to install, operate, and maintain networks. Students learn the basics of routing, switching, and advanced technologies.
- CCNA Exploration is composed of four components:
- Network Fundamentals
- Routing Protocols and Concepts
- LAN Switching and Wireless
- Accessing the WAN.
COMP241 Hardware Organization
COMP360 Networking Fundamentals
COMP483 Networking Switching and Wireless
COMP365 Networking Router Protocols and Concepts
COMP455 Server and Network Management
For more information about the Cisco’s Networking Academy, please click here.