You are here
Teacher Education Program Mission and Goals
The Teacher Education Program prepares candidates for an Initial Kansas Teaching license with a liberal arts foundation. The teacher education department prepares highly qualified teachers who will contribute to the teaching profession and who will positively impact students in Pk-12 school systems. Our candidates will have a broad perspective, who think critically, reflectively and creatively; who are humane and committed to meeting the learning needs of all students; and who guide students to become effective and productive citizen in the 21st century.
Students who complete a Bachelor of Arts in Teacher Education will be able to:
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge and interdisciplinary connections inherent in the level and content area studied.
- Apply state and national standards, research-verified best practices, critical thinking, clear and thoughtful communication, creative expression, and honest open inquiry in designing, implementing, differentiating, assessing, and reflecting on effective pedagogy.
- Demonstrate professional dispositions in varied educational settings with regard to a diversity of students and all members of the school community.
- Foster an engaging classroom environment.
- Demonstrate their teaching skills effectively to complete a successful clinical practice.