You are here
Here are some additional features that distinguish the Kansas Wesleyan University Photography experience:
Student to Faculty Ratio: A 19 to 1 ratio results in more student faculty interaction inside and outside the classroom.
Mac Lab: Students will have permanent access to the Mac Lab with a University ID card and password. The Lab has state of the art facilities including the following
▪ 19 networked Macs with 27" screens.
▪ Individual secure access to a public shared network to store and back up work
▪ Professional production software for publication editing, design and desktop publishing courses
▪ Scanners, 2 ink-jet printers, a color laser printer and an Epson large format printer
▪ Idea Paint-boundless dry erase canvas
▪ Remote Desktop Technology allows for hands on teaching and group screen projection for preliminary critiques without a need to print.
Photography and Videography Lab: Students will have perment access to the photo/video lab with a University ID card and password. The Lab has state of the art facilities including the following:
- 2 Studio lighting packages ( one for onsite and one housed in the lab)
- Numerous backdrops
- Green screen technology
- Ability to check out Canon Rebel T3 digital SLR cameras
- Full functioning video/ production studio with state of the art equipment.
- Advanced interactive digital equipment
Additional Labs: There is an additional room with 4 computer stations dedicated to the newspaper and yearbook team in the Fine Arts Building. Two more PC labs on campus are equipped with the Adobe Creative Suite software as well as the University Library.
Service Work: Opportunities exist to complete photography projects for real clients which may result in more practical experience as well as stronger professional networks, references, resumes and portfolios.
Electives Choices: Business, media production, media management, journalism, film, audio and video reporting and anchoring, publications, advertising, graphic design, illustration, painting, drawing and printmaking.
Professional Organizations: Students are introduced to the design communities, Professional Photographers Association (PPA), Wedding and Portrait Photographers International, and more.
Internships: The department offers additional internship opportunities for students.
Art Club: Is an active way to get involved in the department. The club holds monthly meetings and numerous activities throughout the year including trips to museums and galleries.