Smoky Hills High School Honor Band
You are here
19th Annual Smoky Hills High School Honor Band
Kansas Wesleyan University Department of Music is pleased to announce its 19th Annual Smoky Hills High School Honor Band Festival, to be held Thursday, February 8, 2018.
Students must be nominated by December 1, 2017.
Festival highlights include:
- Festival Honor Band performance preceded by a performance of the KWU Wind Ensemble
- Opportunity to perform with a featured guest artist, Dr. Andrew Veit
- Director's clinic: Topic TBA
- Opportunity for seniors to perform their scholarship audition and receive admissions review while on campus
- Masterclasses with KWU Faculty & Students
- Musical Support from members of the 1ID Band at Fort Riley, KS!
Each school submitting nominations will have students selected. Registration for accepted students will be $15. Students who have made a KMEA State instrumental ensemble (band, jazz band, orchestra) will receive immediate acceptance into the honor band, with NO REGISTRATION FEES REQUIRED.
Selection of participants
- Name up to 10 (if applicable) of your most able and experienced players, who would like the opportunity to participate. (open to freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors)
- If the student has been selected to other honor bands (i.e. District/State, other college/universities) please list these in your director's assessment, alongside solo/festival ratings.
- Please speak to percussionsts' abilities in each of the following areas: timpani, battery, auxiliary, and mallets.
8:30am | Check-in
9:00am | Masterclasses (Locations TBA)
10:00am | Rehearsal (Sams Chapel)
12:00pm | Lunch (included with Registration)
1:00pm | Sectionals (Locations TBA)
2:00pm | Rehearsal (Sams Chapel)
5:00pm | Break for Dinner
7:30pm | Concert with KWU Wind Ensemble (Pioneer Hall - Sams Chapel)