You are here
Bachelor of Arts (BS) Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies at Kansas Wesleyan University: Own your education!
When we say education is a personal experience at Kansas Wesleyan University, we mean it.
At KWU, you will receive personal attention from faculty in all of our major programs, but as an Interdisciplinary Studies major, you get to personalize your own major, working closely with advisors from one or more areas.
A degree in Interdisciplinary Studies is perfect for students whose interests and career goals don’t easily fit into KWU’s other programs or double-major options. As an Interdisciplinary Studies major, you will take KWU’s Christian liberal arts general education classes, which will prepare you for high-level thinking and writing. Then you will choose upper division classes from two (the “Depth” option) or three areas (the “Breadth” option) of concentration in the Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, the Humanities, Fine Arts or Physical Health.
The beauty of this course of study is that it allows you to chart a path as unique as you are. This is customized, not cookie-cutter, education!
Interdisciplinary Studies program options
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Interdisciplinary Studies - tackle big questions by integrating a variety of disciplines
- Minor in Global Awareness - demonstrate a love of diversity and cross-cultural understanding
- Minor in Civic Engagement - become a leader and make changes in your community
Why study Interdisciplinary Studies at KWU? Because you’re one of a kind!
Do you think differently than your fellow students? Then dare to create your own major! As an Interdisciplinary Studies major, you will have the special opportunity to combine classes in disparate or related areas into a coherent program that matches your interests and dreams.
- Work closely with faculty advisors in crafting the perfect major for your interests.
- Choose from several Interdisciplinary Studies options.
- Complete a capstone interdisciplinary experience, collaborating with a professor in one of your areas of concentration.
- Integrate what you have learned into a coherent package as a special stepping-stone to graduate school or your first job.
What can I do with an Interdisciplinary Studies degree from Kansas Wesleyan University?
Customize your life!
Creating your own degree program shows graduate schools and employers that you are a motivated, creative individual who is willing to make extra effort to get the education you want.
Most first jobs for graduates do not require a specific degree, employers merely are looking for an ability to think, communicate, learn, analyze and solve problems, work with people, and be, above all, adaptable. Students who get Interdisciplinary Studies degrees can do all this and more, acquire strong research, communication and analytical thinking skills, which translate to jobs and graduate programs in lots of fields, including law, business, government and education, among others.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools