You are here
3+2 Environmental Management Degree Program
The 3+2 Environmental Management Degree Program offers students the opportunity to earn a liberal arts degree from Kansas Wesleyan University and a Master in Environmental Management from Western State Colorado University in Gunnison, CO.
This program prepares students to become liberally educated scientists who can think critically, solve complex problems and demonstrate strong communication skills, with an accelerated path to a master's degree.
Programs of study include:
- Integrative & Public Land Management
- Sustainable & Resilient Communities
- Global Sustainability
Other advantages include:
- extra time to pursue other academic, athletic, or extracurricular interests
- supportive, personalized learning environment of a small liberal arts institution to build skills and confidence needed for future success
- environment for acquiring scientific problem-solving skills needed to be effective in today's society
Kansas Wesleyan students may be accepted into the program as freshmen. To maintain active status, at the end of sophomore year, students must have:
- maintained a 3.0 cumulative GPA and a 3.25 GPA within the major
- displayed satisfactory progress in the Ecospheric Studies and Community Resilience major or other relevant major
- have completed two social science, two natural science (one with a lab) and one statistics course having earned a "B" or above
- exhibited extra-curricular leadership development in ecospheric, sustainability or community resilience efforts backed by a reference from a community "project sponsor"
- have completed all degree requirements including foundational and liberal studies and all required major coursework
- have begun to develop, with KWU advisors and the appropriate MEM track coordinator, initial ideas for their master's projects
The KWU liaison for this Western State Colorado University Dual Degree Program is Kirk Cusick, assistant professor of biology. Students interested in knowing more about this program may contact him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 785-833-4453.
600 N. Adams
Gunnison, CO 81231