Starting Your Online Class
You are here
Each online course at Kansas Wesleyan University will be slightly different; some have online class meetings, some incorporate interactive discussion through our online distance education platform, and others offer per-recorded video lectures, but there are also elements which hold true to all KWU online courses.
Please keep the following information in mind when beginning each new online course:
- All KWU online classes open two weeks before the start date listed in the official academic calendar. To access your course information, click the link for MY KWU located beside the Search box at the top of this page.
- Log in using your assigned username and password. This should have been provided to you during the admission process.
- On the left side click “my courses” and click on your course.
- Review the syllabus, handouts, coursework, and bookmark sections of the class.
- If you have any problems logging in or accessing the class contact Student Services immediately.
- The start and end dates of any class you are considering are firm. Students will not be allowed to register for online courses after the official first day of class.
- You should log on and complete the first assignment before the start date of the class (usually an introduction or a quiz on the syllabus).
- Assigned textbooks/materials should be purchased and in your possession when the class opens (two weeks prior to start date).
- You should plan/schedule to compete all assignments early – due dates are firm.
- From the main Web Page log in and check your KWU email using the username and password provided.