Coyote Career Connections
You are here
Coyote Career Connection is the online career management system that connects students, alumni, and employers. This career network offers an efficient and easy way to access job opportunities, career resources, alumni/student networking, and campus career event announcements.
Student & Alumni Login
Kansas Wesleyan University Coyote Career Connection is part of the NACElink web site, owned and operated by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). Kansas Wesleyan University Career Services and NACE are committed to maintaining the privacy of personal information provided by the users of Coyote Career Connection. Since we do collect certain information provided by the users of Coyote Career Connection from time to time, please take a few minutes to check out the privacy statements below which will describe the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information including what we collect, how we use it, and how users can make changes.
Evaluating Job Listings
All jobs posted through email, on job board, or any other bulletin boards on campus from outside sources must first be approved through Kansas Wesleyan University Student Development Office. However, we have no realistic way to verify the quality, accuracy, or value of all job information communicated to us by other organizations. If you have any questions, concerns, insights, and/or knowledge about any jobs posted please notify Student Development/Career Services immediately.
In order to help you better protect yourself from fraudulent job postings here are a few things to keep in mind
- Research the company: Web sites, better business bureau, the United States Federal Trade Commission, the local Chamber of Commerce, ask around to see if others have had any experiences with company posting position, etc.
- Make informed decisions: Most employers will not ask for personal information until you arrive at their offices for an interview and are given a formal job application. So be wary if you are asked to give your Social Security Number by phone, email, or online.
- Check references: Ask for references if you’re not sure about the company’s legitimacy and check them.
- Think twice: If it sounds too good to be true, you can be sure it is!
- Be careful meeting people: The first time you meet someone in person, take a friend along or meet and stay in public places. Be sure someone knows where you’re going and when to expect you back. Take your cell phone and have a friend call periodically. Take along some form of personal protection.
- If someone tries to get you into a situation you are not comfortable with, don’t hesitate to refuse, leave, or do whatever is necessary to protect yourself. NOTHING THAT ANYONE ELSE DOES CAN OBLIGATE YOU TO COMPROMISE YOUR OWN SAFETY!
- If you suspect a job posting is fraudulent, please contact: Student Development 785-827-5541 ext. 1160 and/or Career Services ext 1162 immediately!
785-827-5541 Ext. 1160
Office Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Outside office hours appointments available upon request.
Student Development Office, Pioneer Hall, Room 185