You are here
Evaluating Job Listings
All jobs posted on this page or through all student Job Update emails from outside sources must first be approved through Kansas Wesleyan University Student Development Office. However, we have no realistic way to verify the quality, accuracy, or value of all job information communicated to us by other organizations. If you have any questions, concerns, insights, and/or knowledge about any jobs posted please notify Student Development/Career Services immediately.
In order to help you better protect yourself from fraudulent job postings here are a few things to keep in mind
- Research the company: Web sites, better business bureau, the United States Federal Trade Commission, the local Chamber of Commerce, ask around to see if others have had any experiences with company posting position, etc.
- Make informed decisions: Most employers will not ask for personal information until you arrive at their offices for an interview and are given a formal job application. So be wary if you are asked to give your Social Security Number by phone, email, or online.
- Check references: Ask for references if you’re not sure about the company’s legitimacy and check them.
- Think twice: If it sounds too good to be true, you can be sure it is!
- Be careful meeting people: The first time you meet someone in person, take a friend along or meet and stay in public places. Be sure someone knows where you’re going and when to expect you back. Take your cell phone and have a friend call periodically. Take along some form of personal protection.
- If someone tries to get you into a situation you are not comfortable with, don’t hesitate to refuse, leave, or do whatever is necessary to protect yourself. NOTHING THAT ANYONE ELSE DOES CAN OBLIGATE YOU TO COMPROMISE YOUR OWN SAFETY!
- If you suspect a job posting is fraudulent, please contact: Student Development 785-827-5541 ext. 1160 and/or Career Services ext 1162 immediately!
All jobs posted on this page will be available for student access for 30 days unless otherwise requested.
Salina Employment Agencies: If you are looking for employment in the Salina area a couple of good resources are listed below. Both work with the job seeker in that neither charge for assistance in locating positions nor do they take anything from future paychecks as some agencies do. All their fees are paid by employers seeking employees:
- The Arnold Group: Joy Clark, 113 S. 5th Street, 785-826-9222, or firstname.lastname@example.org (positions are updated on http://www.radioworksjoblink.com/ regularly)
- Express Employment: Philip and Lisa Heath, 2326 Planet Ave, 785-825-4545, Lisa.Heath@ExpressPros.com.
Part Time/Full Time
- Indeed.com Salina Area Positions May #4: Position titles with links to descriptions Indeed Salina Jobs May #4.docx. Includes positions:
- Office specialist II – Saline County
- Security Guard – Alco, Abilene
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative – Forest Laboratories
- 4th or 5th Grade Elementary Teacher – Abilene
- Physical Therapy Assistant – Genesis Rehabilitation Services
- Retail Store Manager/Store Management Associate – Z Wireless, Abilene
- Engineering Manager – The Arnold Group
- Cashier – Sears Holdings Corp.
- Delivery Driver – Aaron’s
- Assistant Manager – rue21
- Loan Booking Specialist – Sunflower Bank
- Manager Trainee – Aaron’s
- Account Executive – YRC Freight
- Assistant Branch Manager – Capitol Federal Savings
- Machine Operator/General Labor: Farmer’s Direct Foods needing someone available to work full time this summer and if wanted to continue part time during the school year. For more details contact: Salina Store 785-823-8787, Atchison Kansas Headquarters 800-372-4422 or Kent Simms at 913-370-2037.
- Bank Teller: Capitol Federal Savings. Position is ideal for a student wanting to work a few hours a week. This is an intern position with 20 hours a week. (as with all internships if you want college credit you need to check with your advisor to see if meets department requirements. Sarah (Montoya) Spiller (KWU alum), Teller Supervisor. To apply for position go to http://capfed.com/content/site/en/home/about/careers/job_openings.html or drop off resume at 2550 S. 9th Street.
- Voice-overs and Talent: Mid America Productions is searching for students or professors fluent in Spanish for some of their foreign-language video productions. These are all paying assignments. Anyone interested, speaks fluent-conversational Spanish, and might be interested in some video talent work is encouraged to contact: Rick Weber, 785-823-3908
Part Time/Full Time
- Indeed.com Salina Area Positions May #1: Position titles with links to descriptions Indeed Salina Jobs May #1.docx. Includes positions:
- Laboratory Assistant – Salina Regional Health Center
- Sales – David’s Bridal
- Central High School Counselor, at Risk/Support – Salina Public Schools
- Driver – The Arnold Group
- Sales Representative – TransTech Merchant Group
- Store Manager – Party City
- Indeed.com Salina Area Positions May #2: Position titles with links to descriptions Indeed Salina Jobs May #2.docx. Includes positions:
- Student Financial Services Advisor – Brown Mackie College
- Grade 4 Teacher – Salina USD 305
- Business Teacher – Salina USD 305
- Retail Merchandiser – Plant Essentials, Inc
- Primary Grade Teacher – Salina USD 305
- Lead Receiver/Stocker – Lowe’s
- Assistant Director of special Education – Salina Public Schools
- Kmart Assistant Manager – Sears Holdings Corp.
- Assistant Director of Central Kansas Cooperative in Education – Salina Public Schools
- Customer Service Associate II – Lowe’s
- Grade 3 Heusner Elementary – Salina USD 305
- Elementary School Vocal Music Teacher – Salina USD 305
- Customer Account Representative – Rent-A-Center
- Facility Service Associate – Lowe’s
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative – Forest Laboratories
- English Language Arts – Salina USD 305
- Therapist – Saint Francis Community Services
- Cox Communications Kansas Positions May #1: Position titles with short description and links to full descriptions Cox Communications May#1.docx. Includes positions:
- Media Consultant-Generalist – Dodge City and Garden City
- Solutions Specialist – Pittsburg
- Bilingual Solutions Specialist – Topeka
- Small Business Account Executive – Topeka
- Inbound Sales Representative – Wichita
- Customer Retention Representative – Wichita
- National Sales Manager – Wichita
- Media Business Development Consultant – Wichita
- Solutions Specialist – Wichita
- Private Investigators: If interested in a career as a private investigator you can view information on how to become and state regulations here: http://www.pinow.com/resources/how-to-become-a-private-investigator. This link includes average salary, licensing requirements by state, who investigators work with and links to information on specialties.
- City of Salina: Details City of Salina Employment Openings May #1.docfor the following positions:
- Arborist II – Parks & Recreation
- Program Assistant – Arts & Humanities
- Administrative Assistant II – Parks & Recreation
- Street Maintenance Worker – Public Works/Streets & Traffic
- Crime Scene/Evidence Technician – Police Department
- Sanitation Worker/Driver – Public Works/Sanitation
- Flood Control Laborer – Public Works/Flood Control
- Traffic Control Laborer – Public Works/Streets & Traffic
- Police Officer – Police Department
- Police Officers: Lincoln Police Department. Details Police Officers, Lincoln Police Department.pdf
- Debate, Forensics and English: Spring Hill USD 230 currently looking for someone with experience in Debate and Forensics whether that is coaching and/or competing. To apply: http://www.applitrack.com/usd230/onlineapp/jobpostings/view.asp?internaltransferform.Url=&category=High+School+Teaching
- USD 428 Great Bend, Kansas: Currently seeking applicants for the following positions. To apply go to www.usd428.net and click on the Employment link.
- Family and Consumer Science – Great Bend High School
- Title I/Direct Instruction (new position) – Park Elementary
- BCSSC Assistant Director of Special Education
- BCSSC Special Education Interrelated Adaptive
- BCSSC Speech/Language Pathologist (pending)
- SFA Teacher/Tutor – Lincoln
- Grade 3 (pending) – Park Elementary
- Music – Park Elementary
- Grade 2 (pending) – Riley Elementary
- Math (pending)– Great Bend Middle School
- Technology (pending) – Great Bend Middle School
- Special Education Interrelated Adaptive (2 Positions) – Great Bend Middle School
- Band – Great Bend Middle School & Assistant Band – Great Bend High School (including elementary schools – pending)
- In-School Suspension Supervisor – Great Bend High School
- Math (pending) – Great Bend High School
- Special Education Interrelated Adaptive – Great Bend High School
- Assistant Coaching for Basketball and Football – Great Bend Middle & High Schools
- Photographer Assistants: Grad Images ins currently looking for someone to assist their photographers at Kansas Wesleyan University’s graduation ceremony on May 11, 2013 from 2pm-5pm. The job includes taking name cards, directing students, and a very light crowd control. This is a great opportunity to earn some extra income and work with professional photographers. The pay is $40 per event and events usually last around 3-4 hours. Applicants should have a professional appearance and attire, reliable transportation, and great people skills. Checks re mailed approximately 2 weeks post event. Apply today at www.epghire.com and fill out the graduation assistant application. Be sure to pick the Heartland Region.
Part Time/Full Time
- Indeed.com Salina Area Positions May #3: Position titles with links to descriptions Indeed Salina Jobs May #3.docx. Includes positions:
- PT Teller – Bank of America, Lindsborg
- Merchandising and Pricing Associate – Sears Holdings Corp
- Anticipated Early Childhood Special Education Teacher, Salina Public Schools
- Sales Representative – Reserve National Insurance Co, Mentor
- Respiratory Therapist RRT – Salina Regional Health Center
- Store Manager – Party City
- Store Management – Dillard’s Inc, Mentor
- Anticipated Early Childhood Special Education Teacher – Shilling Elementary
- Night Custodian – Salina Public Schools
- PSA – Lowe’s
- LTL Stocker – Lowe’s
- Primary Counselor – Saint Francis Community Services
- Kinship Specialist – Saint Francis Community Services
- Social Worker – Saint Francis Community Services
- School Bus Driver – Durham School Services
- Elementary School ESL Teacher
- Spanish Language Teacher – Smoky Hill Education Service Center
- Medical Assistant – Salina Regional Health Center
- Combination City Driver/Dock Worker – YRC Freight
- PT Assistant – Genesis Rehabilitation Services
- Technology Director – Gypsum
- Store Management –NEW STORE – Marshall Retail Group
- Economics/Sports Management – Bethany College
- Territory Development Specialist – Screenvision
- Director of Children’s Mission and Ministry: First United Methodist Church, Topeka Kansas. Seeking a person who has a strong desire and spiritual gifting to befriend and mentor children birth through sixth grade. Responsible for all facets of children’s mission and ministry covering programming for children birth through 6th grade as well as programming that strengthens a child’s home and equips parents to be the primary spiritual caregivers of their children. In addition, the Children’s Minister will work to develop and deploy a comprehensive mission-evangelism outreach to unchurched children and their families in the Topeka region. For additional details about the position, benefits, and information about applying, please view: www.fumctopeka.org/jobopening. For questions contact Pastor Bruce at BEmmert@fumctopeka.org.
- Program Provider: Department of Corrections, Ellsworth. Details Program Provider, Ellsworth Dept of Corrections.docx.
Part Time/Full Time
- All Positions: Sonic now has several openings. Apply in person at 2615 Market Place (south Sonic).
- Indeed.com Salina Area Positions Apr #8: Position titles with links to descriptions Indeed Salina Jobs Apr #8.docx. Includes positions:
- Customer Service Manager – UMB Financial Corporation
- Summer Tutor-Math/Reading – for 1st and 2nd grades
- Warehouse Worker – Ashley furniture Homestore
- Call Center CSR – Sunflower Bank
- Central High School Physical Education – Salina Public Schools
- Elementary Teachers – Salina Public Schools
- Accountant – Saint Francis Community Services
- Cook – Brookdale Senior Living Inc Abilene
- High School social Studies – Central High Salina Public Schools
- Central High School Social Science Teacher – Salina Public Schools
- Central High School English – Salina Public Schools
- Tax Professional – H&R Block
- Central High School Science – Salina Public Schools
- Grade 6 Math – South Middle School Salina USD 305
- Certified Nursing Assistant – Brookdale Senior Living Inc Abilene
- Certified Medication Aide - Brookdale Senior Living Inc Abilene
- Assistant Store Manager: Tech Junkies, Hays Ks. Details Assistant Store Manager, Tech Junkies.docx.
- Client Services Technician: Tech Junkies, Hays Ks. Details Client Services Technician, Tech Junkies.docx.
- Administrative Assistant: Tech Junkies, Hays Ks. Details Administrative Assistant, Tech Junkies.docx.
- Youth Director: Manhattan First United Methodist Church is a growing and vibrant congregation located in a dynamic University town. We have a skilled and creative church staff and a committed congregation of community leaders. We are looking for an individual who can help our youth live out our Church’s mission statement: Connecting to Christ, Growing in Community and Serving the World. This is a full time position and will include ministry with 7th-12th graders. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for Jesus, a creative spirit and a servant’s heart. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. For a complete ministry description email: email@example.com. Please send inquiries and resume to: Jamie McAtee, 612 Poyntz Ave., Manhattan, Ks. 66502
- Police Officers: Message from Mark Schindler concerning employment with the Springfield Missouri Police Department. Testing dates for Police officers will be June 8th/9th and July 27th/28th. You can go to http://www.springfieldmo.gov/jobs/vacancy/4884.html to see the minimum requirements and apply online. Once you apply Human Resources will contact you by email a couple of weeks before the testing date to confirm a time for you to take the written exam. Make sure you are looking at your inbox and your junk/spam box for the email for HR. You can always call HR to find out the status of your application at 417-864-1607. If you do decide to test I would recommend that you print off the Background Investigation Questionnaire and get started filling it out. The following link will take you to the questionnaire: http://www.springfieldmo.gov/jobs/pdfs/BackgroundInvestigationPacket031313.pdf. If you have any questions or problems let me know. Officer Mark Schindler, Springfield Police Department-Missouri, Recruiter/Resource Management, 714-864-1796.
- IT Field Technician: Tech Junkies, Hays Ks. Details IT Field Technician, Tech Junkies.docx.
- Store Manager: Tech Junkies, Hays Ks. Details Store Manager, Tech Junkies.docx.
- Lead Client Services Technician: Tech Junkies, Hays Ks. Details Lead Client Services Technician, Tech Junkies.docx.
Financial Service Rep I: Central National Bank Salina, Wal-Mart location. Details Financial Service Representative I Salina Walmart Central National Bank.docx.
Part Time/Full Time
- City of Salina: Details City of Salina Employment Openings April 25th.docfor the following positions:
- Crime Scene/Evidence Technician, FT Salina Police Department
- Sanitation Worker/Driver, FT Salina Public Works
- Sanitation Worker I, FT Salina Public Works
- Flood Control Laborer, PT/Seasonal Salina Public Works
- Traffic Control Laborer, PT/Seasonal Salina Public Works
- Parks & Recreation Summer Positions, PT/Seasonal, Salina Parks and Recreation
- Police Office, FT Salina Police Department
- Indeed.com Salina Area Positions Apr #6: Position titles with links to descriptions Indeed Salina Jobs Apr #6.docx. Includes positions:
- Paraeducator I – Salina USD 305
- Assistant Store Manager – Christopher & Banks
- Medical Technologist – Salina Regional Health Center
- Anticipated Special Education Teacher – Salina USD 305
- Service Assistant – Red Lobster
- K-12 P.E./Health Instructor w/Head Boys’ Basketball – Solomon
- Call Center CSR – Sunflower Bank
- Executive Assistant to CEO – Sunflower Bank
- Youth Service Worker – Overnight Shift – Saint Francis Community Services
- Items Processor – Sunflower Bank
- Corrections Officer I – Saline County
- Housekeeping/Laundry Supervisor – Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society, Minneapolis
- Paintline Maintenance – Great Plains Mfg. Inc.
- Intern Production Supervisor Development Program Summer 2013 – Schwan’s
- Sales Specialist Millwork – Lowe’s
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society, Minneapolis
- Medication Aide - Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society, Minneapolis
- Indeed.com Salina Area Positions Apr #7: Position titles with links to descriptions Indeed Salina Jobs Apr #7.docx. Includes positions:
- Foodservice Worker I – Salina USD 305
- Bilingual Spanish/English Educational Support – Salina Public Schools
- Non-CDL Driver – Lowe’s
- Assistant Manager/Assistant Store Manager Plan 1 – Petco
- Delivery Driver – Lowe’s
- Elementary School ESL Teacher – Salina Public Schools
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society, Minneapolis
- Secondary English – Brookville
- Assistant Girls Tennis Coach – Salina Public Schools
- Customer Service Representative: Farmer’s Direct Foods needing someone available to work full time this summer and if wanted to continue part time during the school year. For more details contact: Salina Store 785-823-8787, Atchison Kansas Headquarters 800-372-4422 or Kent Simms at 913-370-2037.
- Facility Maintenance Supervisor: Stockton Correctional Facility. $15.75/hr, plus incentive and retention pay. Details Facility Maintenance Supervisor, Stockton Correctional Facility.doc.
- Inbound Sales Representative: COX Communications. Now hiring in Wichita. To apply visit https://cox.greatjob.net
- Customer Retention Representative: COX Communications. Now hiring in Wichita. To apply visit https://cox.greatjob.net
- Software Engineer/Entry Level: Garmin International. Details Software Engineer - Entry Level.docx. Apply online at www/garmin.com
- Insurance Sales Agent Interns: Bankers Life and Casualty Company. Details Insurance Sales Agent Intern Summary.pdf. To apply contact Luke Koester, Branch Office Administrator at Luke.Koester@bankers.com
- Indeed.com Salina Area Positions Apr #5: Position titles with links to descriptions Indeed Salina Jobs Apr #5.docx. Includes positions:
- Booking Officer– Saline County
- Grade 1 – Salina Public Schools
- Title One 2/3 – Salina Public Schools
- Parts Manager – Foley Equipment Company
- Assistant Cheer Coach – Salina Public Schools
- Title 1 Teacher – Salina Public Schools
- K-6 Vocal/Instrumental Music Instructor – Solomon
- Associate Animal Care ER – Salina
- Assistant Manager Retail Store – Russell Stover Candies
- Food Service Worker – Salina Regional Health Center
- Associate – Office Max
- Grade 4 Teacher – Salina Public Schools
- Reporter – Abilene
- Sales Associate – Dillards
- Associate Impress – Office Max
- Principal – Salina
- K-6 Art Instructor/Technology Integration Specialist – Gypsum
- Grooming Salon Manager - Petco
Coyote Career Connections
Register now on Coyote Career Connections for all your career needs at:
If you have registered but not confirmed your email, you will need to do this before your registration can be approved so that you can access all there is to offer on this system Thanks!
Carla Larkin, Director of Career Services
785-827-5541 Ext. 1162
Office Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Outside office hours appointments available upon request.
Student Development Office, Pioneer Hall, Room 185