You are here
To Be Considered A Pre-Freshman You Must Meet the Following Criteria:
- Currently enrolled high school students.
Requirements for Admission:
- Submission of a completed application with the signed authorization of the high school counselor
- Non-refundable $20 application fee.
- A high school transcript showing a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students who have completed at least five semesters of high school course work and are currently enrolled in a state-accredited high school may register for courses at Kansas Wesleyan University under the Pre-Freshman Program. A limited number of students who have less than five semesters of high school course work may be granted special permission by the Dean of Faculty and/or designated committee to register for courses; the academic and social records will be reviewed.
- High school students admitted as pre-freshman must pay the tuition and fees stipulated by Kansas Wesleyan University and are ineligible for financial assistance. Pre-freshman are eligible to receive the tuition discount for a maximum of six credit hours.
- All courses taken for credit will be placed on regular KWU transcripts with indications that credit was taken while under pre-freshman status.
- Acceptance of credits at Kansas Wesleyan University upon admission as degree-seeking students will be at full value and be usable to fulfill any and all degree requirements as described in the University catalog.
- Transfer of pre-freshman credit to other institutions will be under the control of those institutions, but Kansas Wesleyan will assist students in obtaining credit at other institutions for courses taken under the Pre-freshman Program.
- Credits do not count toward high school graduation unless arrangements have been made in advance with both high school and Kansas Wesleyan University officials.
- Pre-freshman students are limited to six credit hours of course work or audit per term. Permission for enrollment in more than six hours must be granted by the Dean of Faculty and the student’s high school counselor. However, no more than nine credit hours may be taken.