You are here
If you have questions about an articulation agreement, the transfer process in general, or don’t see your school listed here, please contact Dr. Mark Bandré, VP for Enrollment Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articulation agreements between Kansas Wesleyan University and our partner schools provide peace of mind in the transfer process by insuring your credit hours will transfer to KWU. While Kansas Wesleyan welcomes applications for admission from any student, the agreements pertain to students earning an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree.
- If you earn an AA or AS from a partner school, you are guaranteed admission to Kansas Wesleyan University.
- The agreement requires completion of a minimum of 45 credit hours of general education courses with distribution as follows
- If your cumulative GPA is below 2.5, KWU officials will work with you to determine your potential for success and discuss available academic support programming.
- If your cumulative GPA is 2.75 or greater, you will qualify for an academic/activity scholarship.
- Kansas Wesleyan guarantees the acceptance of all associate degree program credits, up to a maximum of 63. This includes courses counted toward the associate degree taken through high school dual enrollment arrangements.
- 12 hours of Basic Skills courses: 6 hours of English composition, 3 hours of Speech Communication, and 3 hours of College-level Mathematics
- 12 hours of Humanities courses from at least three of the following disciplines: Art, Theatre, Philosophy, Music, History, or Literature. (Performance courses are excluded)
- 6 hours of Social and Behavioral Science courses from at least two of the following disciplines: Sociology, Psychology, Political Science, Economics, Geography, or Anthropology
- 6 hours of Natural and Physical Science course from at least two disciplines (lecture with lab)
- 9 hours of electives from the area of Humanities, Social and Behavioral Science, or Natural and Physical Science.
A copy of the agreement for each school can be found in the links on the right.
How to Transfer to Kansas Wesleyan University
- Complete KWU’s application for admission.
- Submit an official copy of either your final high school transcript or GED scores to the Office of Admissions, Kansas Wesleyan University, 100 East Claflin Avenue, Salina, KS 67401-6196.
- Submit official copies of academic transcripts from all colleges attended to the Office of Admissions. When available, the final partner-college transcript, showing completion of the associate degree, must be sent as well.
- Consult with the Office of Student Financial Planning about scholarship options and recommended completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- After receiving an offer of admission and assuring family comfort with financing details, Kansas Wesleyan University representatives will provide assistance with all subsequent enrollment steps including residence hall and board plan selection, course registration, health information, orientation, and more.