How Do I Learn about my Financial Aid Awards?
You are here
Newly Admitted Students:
Welcome! Before the Student Financial Planning Office can prepare a Financial Aid Award for you, you must have been “admitted” to the University. This means that you must have completed the Admissions Application, and submitted all transcripts and ACT/SAT scores and been "accepted" to the University. Click Here to view the Admissions webpage.
(1) In order to receive a financial assistance award package, you must also have completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and included Kansas Wesleyan University as one of the Colleges to receive your FAFSA results. KWU school code is 00192900.
(2) If your FAFSA is selected for “Verification”, you must complete “Verification” before the Student Financial Planning Office can calculate and offer awards to you. See "Verification" on the right for more information.
(3) If Student Financial Planning Office requests other documents, these must be submitted also, before an award can be calculated and offered to you.
Award Letter / Notification of Awards:
You will receive your Notification of Awards (called an “Award Letter”) in two locations:
(1) You will receive an “Award Letter” in your KWU email account. Check you KWU email account DAILY beginning about a week after you submit your FAFSA.
(2) Posted on your MyKWU Portal Account under “Current Students” in the section titled “Financial Aid Awards”. If you click on the blue hypertext link name of the program for each award, it will take you to detailed information about each financial aid program and the rights and responsibilities you accept, when you accept the award.
REMEMBER: You MUST ACCEPT your awards on your Portal Account or they will not “disburse” (“be applied to your account”) to pay for your charges, leaving your tuition bill unpaid.
To ACCEPT your awards on your Portal Account:
(1) Access your Portal Account,
(2) Click on “Current Students” on the purple bar near the top,
(3) Go to the Financial Assistance Awards section, lower on right side
(4) Click on the blue “Financial Aid Awards” hypertext link.
(5) Click on blue hypertext link “Accept/Decline Aid”.
(6) Click on “ACCEPT ” radial button for each award you wish to accept *
(7) Click “Next”,
(8) Click on “Submit”, AND then
(9) Click on “Continue”.
* If there are awards you wish to remove from your Financial Aid award, click on DECLINE for each award you wish to decline. Then click “Next”, then click “Submit”, then click “Continue”. Remember: If you DECLINE an award, you must make other arrangements for payment of the tuition and/or charges that would have been paid with the aid program you are declining. Speak with the K-Dub Hub at 785-827-5541 X 1260 or 1278 for further explanation and discussion of options. Also see the discussion and explanation on the Costs and Payments page.