You are here
Master of Divinity from Saint Paul School of Theology
FROM SAINT PAUL SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY
The Master of Divinity (M.Div.) prepares graduates for ministry in the church setting, chaplaincy, not-for-profit or other forms of religious leadership.
This 79 credit hour degree is designed for students in all denominations.
The new curriculum has been organized around four themes: Spiritual Formation, Interpreting the Faith, Growing in Communion, and Serving the World.
New elements include:
- Spiritual Formation Retreats - At the beginning of each semester, students and faculty gather for themed retreats
- Mid-degree Seminary - Designed to help students strengthen their ability to integrate theory and practice. Students rehearse articulating their theology.
- Summative Seminar - Designed to help students strengthen their ability to integrate theory and practice by articulating their theology in relation to their intended ministry setting.
- Practica - Short, workshop style courses with focus on a particular practice of ministry such as preaching, ministry with children, and leadership.
- Ministry Collaboration Groups - First year reflection groups continue, and for the first time, faculty with pastoral experience will lead upper level groups.
This degree is offered on both the Greater Kansas City Campus and the Oklahoma City Campus.
- Provide leadership in renewal of the church
- Prepared for ordination (many denominations)
- Demonstrate critical and practical understanding of Bible
- Practical ministry experience with weddings, funerals, communion and baptisms
- Prepared for chaplaincy in hospital or hospice care
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Greater Kansas City Campus
4370 West 109th Street, Suite 300
Overland Park, KS 66211
Oklahoma City Campus
2501 North Blackwelder
Oklahoma City, OK 73106