Glenn L. Martin Stadium
You are here
Glenn L. Martin Stadium served as the home field for Kansas Wesleyan University from its official name dedication in 1940 to its demolition in early 2014 to make way for the new Sports Complex. The old stadium was one of many Works Projects Administration (WPA) projects in Kansas.
- Martin Stadium was under lights with night games starting in 1983 and ending in October 2006. The stadium and well-used field were also to Sacred Heart High School Football beginning in 1978 and continuing through fall 2013.
- Glenn L. Martin Presented With an Honorary Bachelor of Science degree from KWU - Salina Journal article Feb. 21,1933
- 1940 KWU Advance Newspaper Article - Dedication of Glenn L. Martin Stadium
- History of W.P.A. - Kansas Historical Society
- Biography of Aviator and KWU former student Glenn L. Martin
- New Graves Family Sports Complex (construction progress reports during the project, with photos)