KWU Memorial Library
You are here
Welcome to Memorial Library! Memorial Library is the heart of learning on campus, offering informational and recreational materials for research, instruction, and entertainment. Memorial Library furnishes the campus community with access to over 63,000 book volumes and a peridocal collection of 9,500 journals and magazines. Its range of e-journals and e-books runs into the tens of thousands and continually expands in numbers. The library provides students with information stored in print, digital, audio, and video formats.
Memorial Library has 18 networked computer stations on its first floor. Each unit gives users access to the internet, printers, the Memorial Library/Salina Public Library online catalog, the Kansas Library catalog, and numerous subscription databases, many of which provide the full-text of the journal and periodical articles indexed. The library offers interlibrary loan services, class reserve materials, a photocopy/scanner machine, a microform/microfiche reader, and reference services. The Curriculum Lab, located on the second floor, houses classroom resources for education students preparing to teach students from kindergarten through high school. Library staff members provide information literacy instruction to individuals and classes upon request.
Catalog sharing and collaboration with Salina Public Library
The KWU Memorial Library shares its online catalog with the Salina Public Library. This expands a number of services for both libraries.
- Users may choose to search the catalog of only Memorial Library, only the Salina Public Library, or both.
- KWU students may use their KWU ID card as their library card at both libraries, but will be subject to the individual check-out policies at each library.
- Salina Public Library patrons may use their Salina Public Library card at Memorial Library, but will be subject to the individual check-out policies at each library.
- Issues such as fines for late items or lost items must be addressed with the check-out library.
- Library patrons may also place a “hold” on an available item in the catalog, and specify whether they will pick the item up at Memorial Library or Salina Public Library. A courier runs between the libraries most weekdays.
- Material checked out at either library may be returned to either library.
One of the librarians is generally available 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Phone at Front Desk: (785) 827-5541, X4120
Check-out periods vary according to item types, so if you are unsure, it is best to ask. However, it is important to note that 1) items on reserve have checkout periods based on a number of varying factors, and most reserve items cannot leave the library, and 2) items checked out through interlibrary loan have due dates assigned by the lending library, and will vary depending on the lending library.
For items in the general collection, most items fall under these check-out periods:
Books: 30 Days
DVDs: 7 Days
While classes are in session, our hours are:
Monday - Thursday - 7:45 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Friday - 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday - 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Final Exam Week Hours for Spring 2015
(Library closes earlier on May 3, 4, and 5, if no students are in the library.)
Sunday, May 3 -- 2:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Monday, May 4 -- 7:45 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Tuesday, May 5 -- 7:45 a.m. - 12:00 midnight
Wednesday, May 6 -- 7:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Summer Hours begin May 7
Library Closed except by appointment -- May 11-15 and May 29
During the summer session, our hours are:
Monday – Friday 8 am – 5pm
Memorial Library is closed when the campus is closed for holidays or weather.
Please use the menu to the right to explore library services ->