You are here
*We are not accepting new students in the Athletic Training department as a moratorium on new admissions has been instituted beginning in the summer of 2014*
The mission of Kansas Wesleyan University Athletic Training Program is to prepare athletic training students to enter the allied health care profession and to provide a setting in which faith and learning is integrated.
Students in athletic training learn how to prevent, diagnose, and treat and rehabilitate sport injuries through means of observation, inspection, palpation, therapeutic exercises and modalities.
Are You Ready To...?
- Pass tough science classes, learning the various body parts, including bones, muscles, and various body systems
- Learn to assess injury through observation, palpation, special tests, strength and range of motion
- Help care for an entire sport team, including practice and game coverage, treatment, and rehabiliation of athletic injuries
- Complete required clinical experience working with patients at area high schools, college, and physical therapy settings. Including an orthopedic surgeon rotation
- Prepare to pass the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) exam
It Helps to Be...
Caring and patient individual. Since you will be working closely with people who may sometimes be in pain, you will need to be understanding and gentle
|fields||2009-2010||2010-2011||2011-2012||2012-2013||2013-2014||3 yr aggregate|
|Number of students graduating from program.||8||7||7||6||1||14|
|Number of students graduating from program who took examination.||4||4||3||1||1||5|
|Number of students who passed the examination on the first attempt.||2||1||0||0||0||0|
|Percentage of students who passed the examination on the first attempt.||50.00||25.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|Number of students who passed the examination regardless of the number of attempts.||4||2||0||0||0||0|
|Percentage of students who passed the examination regardless of the number of attempts.||100.00||50.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00|
Programs must meet or exceed a three year aggregate of 70 percent first-time pass rate on the BOC exam.