You are here
Smoky Hills High School Honor Band
Kansas Wesleyan University Department of Music is pleased to announce its 20th Annual Smoky Hills High School Honor Band Festival, to be held Thursday, February 7, 2019.
Students must be nominated by December 1, 2018.
Festival highlights include:
- Festival Honor Band performance preceded by a performance of the KWU Wind Ensemble
- Director's clinics
- Opportunity for seniors to perform their scholarship audition and receive admissions review while on campus
- Masterclasses with KWU Faculty & Students
Each school submitting nominations will have students selected. Registration for accepted students will be $20. Students who have made a KMEA State instrumental ensemble (band, jazz band, orchestra) will receive immediate acceptance into the honor band, with NO REGISTRATION FEES REQUIRED.
Selection of participants
- Name up to 10 (if applicable) of your most able and experienced players, who would like the opportunity to participate. (open to freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors)
- If the student has been selected to other honor bands (i.e. District/State, other college/universities) please list these in your director's assessment, alongside solo/festival ratings.
- Please speak to percussionsts' abilities in each of the following areas: timpani, battery, auxiliary, and mallets.
Click HERE for the online nomination form.
8:30am | Check-in
9:00am | Masterclasses (Locations TBA)
10:00am | Rehearsal (Sams Chapel)
12:00pm | Lunch (included with Registration)
1:00pm | Sectionals (Locations TBA)
2:00pm | Rehearsal (Sams Chapel)
5:00pm | Break for Dinner
7:30pm | Concert with KWU Wind Ensemble (Pioneer Hall - Sams Chapel)