You are here
Statement of Connection
Kansas Wesleyan University has seen many transformations in our history but one constant has been our view that education is part of the redemptive work of the Church. The Kansas Wesleyan University community embraces the vision of the National Association of Schools and Colleges of the United Methodist Church expressed by Five Faith Commitments:
- Connect and resource supportive opportunities that nurture faith traditions and journeys of students, faculty and staff;
- Uphold the vital principle of academic freedom where there is an open and honest pursuit of knowledge and wisdom without restriction;
- Prepare students, regardless of social standing, ethnic identity, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation, for lives of intellectual vigor, moral integrity, spiritual fulfillment, and for personal and societal benefit.
- Emphasize through teachings and example the worth and dignity of each person, with an emphasis on service and international relations.
- Affirm this relationship between the United Methodist Church and Kansas Wesleyan University openly and with pride in our mutual history and shared potential for the future.
As the Disciples received their great commission (Matthew 28:16-20) the faculty and staff take up our commission by pledging our support to provide quality education, to be a vital and vibrant Christian faith community, and to prepare individuals for lives of committed service.
Adopted by the Kansas Wesleyan University Board of Trustees—June 20, 2015