You are here

Articulation Agreements

Easy Transition

If you have questions about an articulation agreement or the transfer process in general, or if you don’t see your school listed here, please contact the KWU admissions office at 

Articulation agreements between Kansas Wesleyan University and our partner schools provide peace of mind in the transfer process by ensuring your credit hours will transfer to KWU. While Kansas Wesleyan welcomes applications for admission from any student, the articulation agreements pertain to students earning an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree.

  • If you earn an AA or AS from a partner school, you are guaranteed admission to Kansas Wesleyan University.
  • As students plan their transfer to Kansas Wesleyan University, they should know we apply credit hours toward Liberal Studies requirements as follows. A minimum of 24 credit hours of Liberal Studies, along with distribution in the following fields, shall be required to earn a bachelor’s degree. Liberal Studies hours totaling less than 24 credit hours shall be accepted, but transfer students must complete the remainder of this requirement before graduation from Kansas Wesleyan University, which may require an additional semester(s). Under this agreement, the following are required:  
  • To earn a Bachelor’s degree, the student must complete at least two courses from each of the categories below. Students must also complete at least one course from each of at least four different academic divisions in the KWU Liberal Studies Program.


  • Personal Awareness 
  • Human Expression
  • Community and World Exploration
  • Natural World Stewardship
  • If your cumulative GPA is below 2.5, KWU officials will work with you to determine your potential for success and discuss available academic support programming.
  • If your cumulative GPA is 2.75 or greater, you will qualify for an academic scholarship.
  • Participating students must complete the Wesleyan Heritage (INTD 115) course.
  • Participating students must complete one Quantitative Reasoning Course from the following list: MATH 120, MATH 121, MATH 145, PHYS 201 or PHYS 221.
  • Participating students must complete the following two Writing Intensive Courses with a grade of at least C– or higher: ENGL 120 and ENGL 121

A copy of the agreement(s) for each school can be found here

How to Transfer to Kansas Wesleyan University

  • Complete KWU’s application for admission.
  • Submit an official copy of either your final high school transcript or GED scores to the Office of Admissions, Kansas Wesleyan University, 100 East Claflin Avenue, Salina, KS 67401-6196.
  • Submit official copies of academic transcripts from all colleges attended to the Office of Admissions. When available, the final partner-college transcript, showing completion of the associate degree, must be sent as well.
  • Consult with the Office of Student Financial Planning about scholarship options and recommended completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • After receiving an offer of admission and assuring family comfort with financing details, Kansas Wesleyan University representatives will provide assistance with all subsequent enrollment steps including residence hall and board plan selection, course registration, health information, orientation, and more.