You are here

Charges: Tuition and Other Costs

Summer Tuition: $400 per credit hour (additional fees for internships, directed studies, and independent studies)



Full-Time:     Per Year




Tuition (12-18* hours)



Residential Cost (shared occupancy and full meal plan)

$ 9,800





A one-time $200 Enrollment Confirmation Fee is required of all full-time, undergraduate students in order to register for classes and reserve aid awards.  Allow approximately $600 per semester for books. Nursing clinical and student teaching fees are an additional $50 per credit hour. ACCK special education courses incur additional charges.  Fees are subject to change when the 2019-2020 catalog is posted. 

*An overload fee for hours in excess of 18 is an additional $410 per credit hour.  Activity-based courses such as varsity athletics, choir, band, orchestra, music lessons, forensics, debate, and theatre are excluded from overload charges.


Part-time, Per Semester




Less than 1/2 time

(1-5 hours)

$850 per credit hour


1/2 time

(6-8 hours)

$850 per credit hour


3/4 time

(9-11 hours)

$850 per credit hour

Pre-freshmen (up to six hours per semester):

$150 per credit hour

Audit (undergraduate):

$150 per credit  hour

Senior Citizen (over age 65):

$150 per credit hour 


RN to BS PROGRAM                               (Registered Nurse to Baccalaureate Degree) Twenty-five (25) credit hour degree completion program




Tuition per credit hour

$495 per credit hour 

Audit  per  credit hour

$260 per credit hour


Are available for purchase from Two methods to know what textbooks you will need for each class:

1)    Log on to your MYKWU account, on the main page, on the left side, you will see a link titled “MY COURSES”. Click on this link to see information about your course, your professor and learn about your textbook(s) and other required course materials.  Write down your course numbers, and text ISBN and edition number.

2)    Go to and click on “Buy Textbooks”.  It will take you to KWU E-Campus.  There, search for your course numbers to find your texts’  ISBN and edition numbers.  You can also purchase or rent your text books at that site.  See “Book Vouchers” below.  You are welcome to buy/rent your textbooks where you can find the best value, but Book Vouchers can only be used at

Book Vouchers or Can I Use My Financial Assistance Award to pay for my textbooks?

It depends. If your total financial assistance award for the term is greater than your charges, you are entitled to a “Credit Balance” Refund, which you can access through a “Book Voucher” issued by the Student Financial Planning Department. 

But, it is better if you can obtain your textbooks earlier so you have them on your first day of class. Working during the Summer and saving your wages is a good way to plan ahead. However, if you still need help, contact the Student Financial Planning Office in the K Dub Hub (Pioneer Hall 285, 785-833-4319) for more information about book vouchers.