You are here
How Do I Learn about my Financial Aid Awards?
Newly Admitted Students:
Welcome! Before the Student Financial Planning Office can prepare a Financial Aid Award for you, you must have been “admitted” to the University. This means that you must have completed the Admissions Application, submitted all transcripts and ACT/SAT scores and been "accepted" to the University.
(1) In order to receive a financial assistance award package, you must also have completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and included Kansas Wesleyan University as one of the Colleges to receive your FAFSA results. The KWU school code is 001929.
(2) If your FAFSA is selected for “Verification,” you must "Complete Verification” before the Student Financial Planning Office can calculate and offer aid to you. More about FAFSA Verification.
3) If Student Financial Planning Office requests other documents, these must be submitted also, before an offer can be calculated for you. Please log into your MyKWU Student Portal and follow this path to find and check your documents: Student Portal> Student> Financial Information> Financial Assistance Document Tracking.
Financial Aid Offer:
You will receive your Notification of Aid (called an “Financial Aid Offer”) in two locations:
(1) You will receive a “Financial Aid Offer” in your KWU email account. Check you KWU email account DAILY beginning about a week after you submit your FAFSA.
(2) Posted on your MyKWU Portal Account under “Current Students” in the section titled “Financial Aid Awards.” If you click on the blue hypertext link name of the program for each award, it will take you to detailed information about each financial aid program and the rights and responsibilities you accept, when you accept the aid.
REMEMBER: You MUST accept your aid on your Portal Account, or they will not “disburse” (be applied to your account) to pay for your charges, leaving your tuition bill unpaid.
To ACCEPT your aid on your My KWU Student Portal Account:
(1) Log onto your My KWU Student Portal Account
(2) Click on “Students” on the bar near the top
(3) Click on "Financial Information" on the left side of the screen
(4) Scroll down to find and click on "View your Financial Assistance Awards" box
(5) Click on the purple hypertext link called “Accept/Decline Aid”
(6) Click the “ACCEPT” button for each award you wish to accept (SEE BELOW*)
(7) Click the “Next” button
(8) Click the “Submit” button, AND then
(9) Click the “Continue” button -- and you are done.
* If there are awards you wish to remove from your Financial Aid award, click on DECLINE for each award you wish to decline. Then click “Next”, then click “Submit”, then click “Continue.” Remember: If you DECLINE an award, you must make other arrangements for payment of the tuition and/or charges that would have been paid with the aid program you are declining. Speak with the K-Dub Hub at (785) 833-4319 for further explanation and discussion of options. Also, see the discussion and explanation on the Costs and Payments page.