You are here
The World Is Your Classroom
Welcome to KWU!
Your adventure starts here. Wondering what to expect during your first few weeks? Looking for information on next steps in your admission process? You’ve come to the right place.
Freshman Applicants Include
- Those students who have never attended college previously.
- Students with fewer than 24 graded transferring credit hours from other colleges or universities.
- High school seniors who took college courses during high school or the summer immediately following high school graduation.
Requirements for Regular Admission
(Full and Part-Time Degree-Seeking)
- A completed application for admission along with the non-refundable application fee, if applicable.
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, an ACT score of 18 or better (or equivalent) or a GED average score of at least 550.
Steps To Apply
- To fill out an online undergraduate application click here.
- A non-refundable $20.00 application fee may be required.
2. Send us your Transcripts
- Request an official transcript to be sent to KWU directly from EVERY accredited college you have ever attended, as well as high school transcripts if applicable. If you have taken dual credit courses, the college involved must send us a transcript as well.
You may order your transcripts through parchment.com or ask your school to:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to (785) 404-1485 (note that high school transcripts must include a cover sheet)
- Mail to
Kansas Wesleyan University
100 E. Claflin Ave., Box 20
Salina, KS 67401
Please remember that transcripts are only official if they are sent directly from the school. Your high school transcript must include your graduation date, and a college/university transcript is not final if classes are listed as IP (in progress) on it.
Final transcripts will be required before beginning classes at Kansas Wesleyan.
3. Complete your FAFSA
- Sign up for your FSA ID. In order to sign a dependent student's FAFSA, a parent or guardian will also need a FSA ID linked to a unique email address. All federal student aid information is available electronically at studentaid.gov. After you receive an email validating your information, you can use your FSA ID to complete your FAFSA. KWU's priority deadline is March 15, and Kansas Wesleyan's school code is #001929. Check your MyKWU portal (MyKWU/Students/Financial Info/Financial Aid Document Tracking) for any other items that may be necessary.
4. Reserve your spot
- Once you have been accepted and have reviewed your financial aid award package, send in your non-refundable enrollment fee to reserve your residence hall room, scholarships or aid awards, and allow registration in classes. Once you have paid your deposit then you can fill out your residence hall application.