You are here
Online R.N. to B.S.
Valuable. Flexible. Convenient.
- $440/credit hr (Total Cost of $11,000)*
- One year of Full-time study
- (4) 8-week sessions
- Full-time or part-time options available
- 100% online
The baccalaureate degree program with a major in nursing at Kansas Wesleyan University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
APPLY TODAY - CLASSES BEGIN JANUARY 15! (application deadline Jan. 4th)
You already know the value of solid nursing skills, now it's time to take your career to the next level. If you have considered moving up in your field or managing others, a B.S. with a major in Nursing will take you there. The Online R.N. to B.S. with a major in Nursing program allows Registered Nurses to leverage their knowledge and experience to complete a Bachelor of Science degree. We know you are juggling a lot. That's why the online program gives you the flexibility to work, manage your home and be there for your family.
KWU's Online R.N. to B.S. with a major in Nursing program consists of a minimum of nine courses that can be completed in eight-week sessions. Can be completed in one calendar year of full-time study.
We understand the value of the work you have already done as an R.N. You can apply up to 35 credit hours of experiential credit toward your B.S. The portfolio is not required for admission.
* If applicants have completed all pre-requisites and have 35 experiential credits, the program can be completed in two semesters of full-time study and will cost $11,000. Applicants entering the program with this level of credits can also complete the program in four semesters of part-time study.
If applicants do not have all the necessary pre-requisites and fewer than 35 experiential credits, the program can be completed in three semesters of full-time study. Part-time students can complete the program in five semesters.
Provided by Salina Regional Health Center: (Go to SRHC.com for application and deadline information)
- Wendell K. Nickell & Waitstill B. Nickell Nursing Scholarship facilitated through Salina Regional Health Foundation for $2,800 per year. Awarded to SRHC employees with 3+ years of service who wish to attend Kansas Wesleyan University.
- Tuition Reimbursement granted for up to $5,250 annually for current SRHC employees working more than 64 hours in two weeks; up to $2,625 annually for part-time employees working more than 40 hours in two weeks.
Provided by the State of Kansas:
- Kansas Comprehensive Grant: $3,500 granted if a Kansas resident, can show financial need and file FAFSA by April 1.
I graduated in 1984 with my diploma in nursing from Asbury Hospital School of Nursing after completing a year of prerequisite classes at Kansas Wesleyan University. I knew that I wanted more for my nursing career, and I knew
I came back to Kansas Wesleyan because it was like “coming home.” I knew that I was going to receive a quality education with faculty who really cared about me and wanted me to be successful. I liked that Kansas Wesleyan was a faith-based institution, where I could grow in my faith as well. That stepping stone to completing my bachelor's was the best thing I ever did!
Since then, I have gone on to complete my master's in Nursing Education, and once again … “I am home.” I am currently one of the nursing faculty at KWU, where I can help educate the future of nursing in that same quality and caring atmosphere that I enjoyed as a student.
I encourage any nurse who is wanting more for their nursing career to check out our online R.N. to B.S. program. Whether you have been a nurse for a year or 30 years, take the next step to achieving your goals and come home to Kansas Wesleyan University.
Kathy Tillberg-Sweeney '84 & '05, R.N., M.S.N
Assistant Professor of Nursing