You are here
The Everett Morgan Strength Training Center
Students, faculty and staff have access to The Everett Morgan Strength Training Center, located on the lower level of the Student Activities Center. The state-of-the-art facility includes numerous types of equipment, including elliptical machines, treadmills, stationary bikes and free weights. The fitness center is open six days a week. Special hours may be posted outside the facility during school breaks.
Academic Year Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sunday: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Please remember that a valid KWU ID is necessary to use the facility, and guests must sign a waiver. The team schedules are posted in the Center to help individuals find the best time to work out, but during open hours, individuals are always welcome.
Rules and Regulations
- Faculty, staff and students must show an ID for admission.
- Spouses, partners and dependents of students, faculty or staff must sign a waiver and pick up an annual pass from Athletics prior to use.
- Please notify staff if there are problems with the equipment, or if you need instruction on a particular piece of equipment.
- Dependents under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proper exercise attire (shirt & shorts) and close-toed athletic shoes are required.
- No food, drink or chewing gum are allowed – water bottles are permitted.
- Please wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Use spotters on all heavy lifts. Fitness Center staff can assist in spotting.
- Return and rack all weights/dumbbells when finished.
- Return all bars to the standard position when finished.
- Do not slam weights together or drop dumbbells, bars, or plates on the floor.
- Do not throw medicine balls against the wall.
- Do not lean against or put your hands on the mirrors.
- Horseplay or unsafe activity is not acceptable.
- The use of profanity will not be tolerated.
- Personal stereos with headphones are acceptable – any larger device will not be permissible.
- Do not prop open doors to the Fitness Center.
The Strength Training Center is named after the late Everett Morgan, a 1937 graduate of Kansas Wesleyan University, who was inducted into the university’s Athletic Hall of Fame for his achievements in football. During his time on the varsity team, the Coyotes won three straight KCAC titles. After his senior year in 1936, he was named honorable mention Little All-American, first-team All-KCAC and first-team All-Kansas.