Skip to content
Kansas Wesleyan University

Want to live in a bigger city? Ready to transfer your community college credentials to a university? Just looking for something different? Kansas Wesleyan University is ready to welcome you!

To Be Considered A Transfer Student You Must Meet One of the Following Criteria:

  • Full- or part-time degree-seeking students who have taken 24 or more transferable college credit hours since high school graduation or completion of the GED.
  • Students who have less than 24 transferring graded credit hours must meet the requirements specified for new freshman applicants.

Requirements for full-time and part-time students:

  1. Applicants must have earned a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale for 24 or more transferable graded credit hours
  2. Applicants must submit an official transcript from each college attended demonstrating they have left the institution “in good standing.”
  3. Applicants must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
  4. Kansas Wesleyan must conduct an unofficial and official degree audit to determine which courses transfer to KWU.

Please note: Grades earned on the quarter-term system do not transfer at the full credit listed on the transcript. Quarter-term hours compute at two-thirds of KWU credit hours; e.g., 4 quarter-term hours will equal 2.67 semester hours. The Registrars Office compiles official equivalencies

Steps to Apply

1. Submit application

  • To fill out an online undergraduate application click here.
  • A non-refundable $20.00 application fee may be required.

2. Send us your transcripts

They need to be sent to KWU directly from EVERY accredited college you have ever attended, as well as high school transcripts if applicable. If you have taken dual credit courses, the college involved must send us a transcript as well.

You may order your transcripts online or ask your school to:

Email to [email protected]

Fax to (785) 404-1485 (note that high school transcripts must include a cover sheet)

Mail to:
Kansas Wesleyan University
100 E. Claflin Ave., Box 20
Salina, KS 67401

Please remember that transcripts are only official if they are sent directly from the school. Your high school transcript must include your graduation date, and a college/university transcript is not final if classes are listed as IP (in progress) on it.

Final transcripts will be required before beginning classes at Kansas Wesleyan.

3. Complete your FAFSA

Sign up for your FSA ID. In order to sign a dependent student’s FAFSA, a parent or guardian will also need a FSA ID linked to a unique email address. All federal student aid information is available electronically at After you receive an email validating your information, you can use your FSA ID to complete your FAFSA. KWU’s priority deadline is March 15, and Kansas Wesleyan’s school code is #001929. Check your MyKWU portal (MyKWU/Students/Financial Info/Financial Aid Document Tracking) for any other items that may be necessary.

4. Reserve your spot

Once you have been accepted and have reviewed your financial aid award package, send in your non-refundable enrollment fee to reserve your residence hall room, scholarships or aid awards, and allow registration in classes.  Once you have paid your deposit then you can fill out your residence hall application.

With support from our friendly faculty and staff, you’ll hit the ground running AND make the most of your prior experience and transfer credits at KWU.

Find out if you’re ready. To be considered as a transfer student, you must meet our admission criteria for full- and part-time students.

Calculate the Costs

We will work with you to make sure the Kansas Wesleyan experience is affordable for you and your family. Get started with our Net Price Calculator.

Visit Campus

Join us on Transfer Student Visit Day. Discover for yourself why so many transfer students find the Kansas Wesleyan a friendly and welcoming community. Live out of state? Check out our online tour.

Articulation Agreements

Easy Transition

If you have questions about an articulation agreement or the transfer process in general, or if you don’t see your school listed here, please contact the KWU admissions office at [email protected].

Articulation agreements between Kansas Wesleyan University and our partner schools provide peace of mind in the transfer process by ensuring your credit hours will transfer to KWU. While Kansas Wesleyan welcomes applications for admission from any student, the articulation agreements pertain to students earning an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree.

  • If you earn an AA or AS from a partner school, you are guaranteed admission to Kansas Wesleyan University.
  • As students plan their transfer to Kansas Wesleyan University, they should know we apply credit hours toward Liberal Studies requirements as follows. A minimum of 24 credit hours of Liberal Studies, along with distribution in the following fields, shall be required to earn a bachelor’s degree. Liberal Studies hours totaling less than 24 credit hours shall be accepted, but transfer students must complete the remainder of this requirement before graduation from Kansas Wesleyan University, which may require an additional semester(s). Under this agreement, the following are required:
  • To earn a Bachelor’s degree, the student must complete at least two courses from each of the categories below. Students must also complete at least one course from each of at least four different academic divisions in the KWU Liberal Studies Program.

Liberal Studies Categories

  • Personal Awareness
  • Human Expression
  • Community and World Exploration
  • Natural World Stewardship
  • If your cumulative GPA is below 2.5, KWU officials will work with you to determine your potential for success and discuss available academic support programming.
  • If your cumulative GPA is 2.75 or greater, you will qualify for an academic scholarship.
  • Participating students must complete the Wesleyan Heritage (INTD 115) course.
  • Participating students must complete one Quantitative Reasoning Course from the following list:
    • MATH 120
    • MATH 121
    • MATH 145
    • PHYS 201
    • PHYS 221
  • Participating students must complete the following two Writing Intensive Courses with a grade of at least C– or higher:
    • ENGL 120 and ENGL 121

Articulation Agreements by College

A copy of the agreement(s) for each school can be found here.

If the agreement for your school is dated 2015 or earlier, please know we are in the process of working with your school’s officials to update the articulation language. This has solely to do with Kansas Wesleyan’s new liberal studies program. Students from our partner institutions remain valued future members of the Kansas Wesleyan community and we are committed to making your transfer easy.

If your school is not listed here, please contact Ken Oliver, Vice President for Admissions, Advancement and Marketing at [email protected].