You are here
To Be Considered a New Freshman You Must Meet One of the Following Criterias:
- Students who have never attended college previously.
- Students with less than 24 transferable college credit hours.
- High school seniors who took college courses during high school or the summer immediately following high school graduation.
Requirements for Full-Time and Part-Time Students:
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or a GED score of at least 550, or rank in the upper 50% of their senior class.
- Applicants must have either an ACT composite score of 18, or SAT score of 860.
Steps to Apply:
- To fill out an online undergraduate application click here
- To fill out a printable undergraduate application, click here ---> KWU_ Undergratuate App.pdf (pdf).
- A non-refundable $20.00 application fee is required.
2. Send Us Your Transcripts
- Send an official copy of your accredited high school transcript showing at least six semesters of completed coursework to the Office of Admissions or have your GED scores sent directly from the State Board of Education.
- Home educated students must submit transcript documentation from the primary instructor demonstrating completion of the basic credit hours for high school. The transcript should not only demonstrate academic completion, but should also include a short, written evaluation from the primary instructor. Kansas Wesleyan University reserves the right to request additional portfolio or performance-based assessments, if necessary, to document competency for admission.
3. Send Us Your ACT or SAT Scores
- Take the ACT or SAT and request that your test results are sent to KWU. KWU’s ACT code is #1434 and the code for the SAT is #6337. No writing is needed for the ACT or the SAT.
4. Do Your FAFSA
- Electronically submit the student and/or parent federal income tax return as soon as possible after January 1. Two weeks later complete your FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Priority deadline is March 15. KWU’s school code for the FAFSA is #001929. Wait another two weeks and then go back to your FAFSA and click on IRS Data Retrieval Tool to link your IRS tax return information to successfully complete your FAFSA.
5. Reserve Your Spot
- Once you have been accepted and have reviewed your financial aid award package, send in your non-refundable $100 Deposit to reserve your residence hall room, scholarships or aid awards, and allow registration in classes. Once you have paid your deposit then you can fill out your residence hall application by clicking ---> Residence Hall Application.pdf.