You are here
Welcome to KWU
Transfer credits. Create a unique experience. Come to KWU.
Want to live in a bigger city? Ready to transfer your community college credentials to a university? Just looking for something different? Kansas Wesleyan University is ready to welcome you!
We Welcome You to KWU!
If you are ready to make a change, or you are graduating soon and want to turn your associate’s degree into a bachelor’s degree, Kansas Wesleyan University makes it easy!
To Be Considered A Transfer Student You Must Meet One of the Following Criteria:
- Full or part-time degree-seeking students who have taken 24 or more transferable college credit hours since high school graduation or completion of the GED.
- Students who have less than 24 transferring graded credit hours must meet the requirements specified for New Freshman applicants.
Requirements for full-time and part-time students:
- Applicants must have earned a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for 24 or more transferable graded credit hours
- Applicants must submit an official transcript from each college attended demonstrating they have left the institution “in good standing.”
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
Please note: Grades earned on the quarter-term system do not transfer at the full credit listed on the transcript. Quarter-term hours compute at two-thirds of KWU credit hours; e.g., 4 quarter-term hours will equal 2.67 semester hours. The Registrars Office compiles official equivalencies
Steps To Apply
- To fill out an online undergraduate application click here.
- A non-refundable $20.00 application fee is required.
2. Send us your Transcripts
- Request a final official transcript to be sent to KWU directly from EVERY accredited college you have ever attended.
3. Complete your FAFSA
- Electronically submit the student and/or parent federal income tax return as soon as possible after January 1. Two weeks later complete your FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Priority deadline is March 15. KWU’s school code for the FAFSA is #001929. Wait another two weeks and then go back to your FAFSA and click on IRS Data Retrieval Tool to link your IRS tax return information to successfully complete your FAFSA.
4. Reserve your spot
- Once you have been accepted and have reviewed your financial aid award package, send in your non-refundable Confirmation Deposit to reserve your residence hall room, scholarships or aid awards, and allow registration in classes. Once you have paid your deposit then you can fill out your residence hall application.
With support from our friendly faculty and staff, you’ll hit the ground running AND make the most of your prior experience and transfer credits at KWU.
Find out if you’re ready. To be considered as a transfer student, you must meet our admission criteria for full- and part-time students. Go through our checklist.
Calculate the costs.
We will work with you to make sure the Kansas Wesleyan experience is affordable for you and your family. Get started with our net cost calculator.
Join us on Transfer Student Visit Day. Discover for yourself why so many transfer students find the Kansas Wesleyan a friendly and welcoming community. Register for Transfer Student Day. Live out of state? Check out our online tour.
Start living your passion.
Join the Kansas Wesleyan family. Pursue your academic goals and your personal interests outside of the classroom. Learn more about ways to get involved.
Don’t just take our word for it. Hear what our new students have to say.
Reasons to Love Kansas Wesleyan
Support from faculty and campus life. Service and lifelong relationships. Hear what our current students value about life at Kansas Wesleyan and the Power of AND.