You are here
We Welcome You to KWU!
If you are ready to make a change or you are graduating in December and want to turn your associate’s degree into a bachelor’s degree, Kansas Wesleyan University makes it easy!
Join us on Transfer Student Visit Day, Friday, October 30, and discover for yourself why so many transfer students find KWU a friendly and welcoming community. From course advising to financial aid counseling and career guidance, your transition to becoming a Coyote will be easy and seamless. Register for Transfer Student Day.
To Be Considered A Transfer Student You Must Meet One of the Following Criteria:
- Full or part-time degree-seeking students who have taken 24 or more transferable college credit hours since high school graduation or completion of the GED.
- Students who have less than 24 transferring graded credit hours must meet the requirements specified for New Freshman applicants.
Requirements for full-time and part-time students:
- Applicants must have earned a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for 24 or more transferable graded credit hours
- Applicants must submit an official transcript from each college attended demonstrating they have left the institution “in good standing.”
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
Please note: Grades earned on the quarter-term system do not transfer at the full credit listed on the transcript. Quarter-term hours compute at two-thirds of KWU credit hours; e.g., 4 quarter-term hours will equal 2.67 semester hours. The Registrars Office compiles official equivalencies
Steps To Apply:
- To fill out an online undergraduate application click here.
- A non-refundable $20.00 application fee is required.
2. Send us your Transcripts
- Request a final official transcript to be sent to KWU directly from EVERY accredited college you have ever attended.
3. Do your FAFSA
- Electronically submit the student and/or parent federal income tax return as soon as possible after January 1. Two weeks later complete your FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Priority deadline is March 15. KWU’s school code for the FAFSA is #001929. Wait another two weeks and then go back to your FAFSA and click on IRS Data Retrieval Tool to link your IRS tax return information to successfully complete your FAFSA.
4. Reserve your spot
- Once you have been accepted and have reviewed your financial aid award package, send in your non-refundable Confirmation Deposit to reserve your residence hall room, scholarships or aid awards, and allow registration in classes. Once you have paid your deposit then you can fill out your residence hall application.