Sports Management Program
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Degree
Sports Management students plan and lead activities. They can acquire minors in athletic coaching, health, exercise science, communication and journalism. Students prepare to work in local recreation departments, community centers, health and fitness clubs, camps and theme parks.
Are you ready?
Use your knowledge of physiology, nutrition, and corrective techniques to help players improve their game.
- Find and recruit potential athletes
- Negotiate contracts
- Teach by example
- Work with people of all ages and abilities
- Communicate with individuals of all backgrounds and abilities
- Get involved in a variety of sports and fitness activities
This program is offered:
The Department of Sport and Exercise Science is committed to academic distinction, mentoring students and guiding the community in the development of personal growth, skill acquisition, sport and lifelong wellness.
Students who complete a Bachelor of Arts in Sport and Exercise Science will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehension and functional knowledge in the content areas of health and exercise sciences, physical education, or sport management.
- Apply knowledge of effective verbal, nonverbal, and media communication techniques to enhance learning and engagement in the area of Sport and Exercise Science.
- Demonstrate reflection and critical thinking in order to refine professional practice in their chosen field.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors including commitment to excellence, valuing diversity and collaboration, and service to others.
2021-2022 Course Catalog
Sport and Exercise Science Department – p. 184
Exercise Science Major – p. 184
Health Science Major – p. 185
Health and Physical Education Major (Prek-12) – p. 186
Sports Management Major – p. 187
Health Minor – p. 187
Health Teacher Minor (Prek-12) – p. 188
Athletic Coaching Minor – p. 188
SPEC Minor – p. 188
Outdoor Recreation Minor – p. 188
Sports Management Minor – p. 189
SPES Course Descriptions – p. 189