The world is your classroom.
Freshman applicants include those students who have never attended college previously, students with fewer than 24 graded transferring credit hours from other colleges or universities, or high school seniors who took college courses during high school or the summer immediately following high school graduation.
Requirements for Regular Admission
(Full- and Part-Time Degree-Seeking)
- A completed application for admission along with the non-refundable application fee, if applicable.
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. A 2.5 GPA and an ACT score of 18 or better (or equivalent), or a GED average score of at least 550, will also be accepted.
To Be Considered A Transfer Student You Must Meet One of the Following Criteria:
- Full- or part-time degree-seeking students who have taken 24 or more transferable college credit hours since high school graduation or completion of the GED.
- Students who have less than 24 transferring graded credit hours must meet the requirements specified for new freshman applicants.
Learn more about the transfer process, and see the schools KWU has agreements with, here.
Steps to Apply
A non-refundable $20.00 application fee may be required.
2. Request an official transcript
Transcripts need to be sent directly to KWU from your high school and EVERY accredited college you have ever attended, including those involved in dual credit courses.
You may order your transcripts online or ask your school to:
Email to [email protected]
Fax to (785) 404-1485 (note that high school transcripts must include a cover sheet)
Kansas Wesleyan University
100 E. Claflin Ave., Box 20
Salina, KS 67401
Please remember that transcripts are only official if they are sent directly from the school. Your high school transcript must include your graduation date, and a college/university transcript is not final if classes are listed as IP (in progress) on it.
Final transcripts will be required before beginning classes at Kansas Wesleyan.
To complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA form at studentaid.gov.:
- Create FSA IDs for both student and parent
- Complete the FAFSA form using 2020’s tax information
- Use our school code to send the FAFSA to KWU: 001929
- Check your MyKWU portal (MyKWU/Students/Financial Info/Financial Aid Document Tracking) for any other items that may be necessary.
- If you will not be filling out a FAFSA, please let our Office of Financial Aid know. They can be contacted at (785) 833-4317 or through [email protected].
Once you have been accepted and have reviewed your financial aid award package, send in your non-refundable enrollment fee to reserve your residence hall room, scholarships or aid awards, and allow registration in classes. The enrollment fee must be paid before filling out our residence hall application.
5. Next steps for accepted students
If you’ve been accepted, click here to see your next steps!
Get a head start by earning credits early. You must be currently enrolled as a high school student to be considered a pre-freshman.
Requirements for Admission:
- Submission of a completed application with the signed authorization of the high school counselor.
- Non-refundable $20 application fee.
- A high school transcript showing a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
What You Need to Know:
- Students who have completed at least five semesters of high school coursework and are currently enrolled in a state-accredited high school may register for courses at Kansas Wesleyan University under the Pre-Freshman Program.
- A limited number of students who have less than five semesters of high school coursework may be granted special permission by the Dean of Faculty and/or designated committee to register for courses; the academic and social records will be reviewed.
- High school students admitted as pre-freshman must pay the tuition and fees stipulated by Kansas Wesleyan University and are ineligible for financial assistance. Pre-freshmen are eligible to receive the tuition discount for a maximum of six credit hours.
- All courses taken for credit will be placed on regular KWU transcripts with indications that credit was taken while under pre-freshman status.
- Acceptance of credits at Kansas Wesleyan University upon admission as degree-seeking students will be at full value and be usable to fulfill any and all degree requirements as described in the university catalog.
- Transfer of pre-freshman credit to other institutions will be under the control of those institutions, but Kansas Wesleyan will assist students in obtaining credit at other institutions for courses taken under the Pre-freshman Program.
- Credits do not count toward high school graduation unless arrangements have been made in advance with both high school and Kansas Wesleyan University officials.
- Pre-freshman students are limited to six credit hours of course work or audit per term. Permission for enrollment in more than six hours must be granted by the Dean of Faculty and the student’s high school counselor. However, no more than nine credit hours may be taken.