The Everett Morgan Strength Training Center
You are here
Focus on Fitness at KWU
Students, faculty, staff and alumni have access to The Everett Morgan Strength Training Center, located on the lower level of the Student Activities Center. The state-of-the-art facility includes numerous types of equipment, including eliptical machines, treadmills, stationary bikes and free weights. The fitness center is open seven days a week. Special hours are posted during school breaks.
Please note the summer hours of operation for the KWU Fitness Center. The facility will open Monday-Fridayfrom 8-10 am and 4-7 pm beginning Monday, May 12th. There will be no weekend hours.
Academic Year Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday: 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday: 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Special Hours During School Breaks
Please note the special hours of operation for the Fitness Center over Easter weekend (April 18-20). The hours for Friday, April 18th have been adjusted, as there is no class that day.
Friday, April 18
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday, April 19
12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, April 20
5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Rules and Regulations
- All users must be 17 years of age to use the facility – unless under the direct supervison of an adult.
- Proper exercise attire (shirt & shorts) and close-toed athletic shoes are required.
- No food, drink, or chewing gum are allowed – water bottles are permitted.
- Please wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Use spotters on all heavy lifts. Fitness Center staff can assist in spotting.
- Return and rack all weights/dumbbellls when finished.
- Return all bars to the standard position when finished.
- Do not slam weights together or drop dumbbells, bars, or plates on the floor.
- Do not throw medicine balls against the wall.
- Do not lean against or put your hands on the mirrors.
- Horseplay or unsafe activity is not acceptable.
- The use of profanity will not be tolerated.
- Personal stereos with headphones are acceptable – any larger device will not be permisable.
- Do not prop open doors to the Fitness Center.
The Strength Training Center is named after the late Everett Morgan, a 1937 graduate of Kansas Wesleyan University, who was inducted into the University’s Athletic Hall of Fame for his achievements as in football. During his time on the varsity team, the Coyotes won three straight KCAC titles. After his senior year in 1936, he was named honorable mention Little All-American, first-team All-KCAC and first-team All-Kansas.