You are here
The Everett Morgan Strength Training Center
Students, faculty and staff have access to The Everett Morgan Strength Training Center, located on the lower level of the Student Activities Center. The state-of-the-art facility includes numerous types of equipment, including elliptical machines, treadmills, stationary bikes and free weights. The fitness center is open seven days a week. Special hours are posted during school breaks.
Academic Year Hours of Operation (beginning August 22, 2016):
Monday, Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Fitness Center will open on Tuesday and Thursday at 9 a.m. to allow for cleaning of the facility.
Special Hours During School Breaks
A complete schedule calendar is posted outside the Morgan Center.
Please remember that a valid KWU ID is necessary to use the facility, and guests must sign a waiver.
Rules and Regulations
- Faculty, staff and students must show an ID for admission.
- Spouses, partners and dependents of students, faculty or staff must sign a waiver and pick up an annual pass from Athletics prior to use.
- Dependents under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proper exercise attire (shirt & shorts) and close-toed athletic shoes are required.
- No food, drink or chewing gum are allowed – water bottles are permitted.
- Please wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Use spotters on all heavy lifts. Fitness Center staff can assist in spotting.
- Return and rack all weights/dumbbells when finished.
- Return all bars to the standard position when finished.
- Do not slam weights together or drop dumbbells, bars, or plates on the floor.
- Do not throw medicine balls against the wall.
- Do not lean against or put your hands on the mirrors.
- Horseplay or unsafe activity is not acceptable.
- The use of profanity will not be tolerated.
- Personal stereos with headphones are acceptable – any larger device will not be permissible.
- Do not prop open doors to the Fitness Center.
The Strength Training Center is named after the late Everett Morgan, a 1937 graduate of Kansas Wesleyan University, who was inducted into the university’s Athletic Hall of Fame for his achievements in football. During his time on the varsity team, the Coyotes won three straight KCAC titles. After his senior year in 1936, he was named honorable mention Little All-American, first-team All-KCAC and first-team All-Kansas.