You are here
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree in Exercise Science at Kansas Wesleyan University: Fuel your passion for a fitness-related career!
You’re passionate about health, wellness and physical fitness. Why not major in it?
As an Exercise Science program major you will learn how to develop your own physical skills and help others on the path to lifelong wellness.
Exercise science students study a variety of scientific disciplines in addition to the study the science of human movement or kinesiology. You will also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience working in clinical and corporate settings throughout Salina, Kansas.
With the population aging and interest in exercise and nutrition skyrocketing, you will find yourself in a career field with outstanding opportunities. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for fitness trainers is expected to grow by 24 percent and for physical therapists by 39 percent from 2010 to 2020.
Exercise Science program options
Corporate Fitness and Wellness
Why study Exercise Science at KWU? Outstanding facilities and real-world experience!
KWU’s focus on students and experiential education will give you the confidence, focus and skills you need to fulfill your goals whether you go into fitness practice or pursue graduate school in a health-related field or physical therapy.
- Gain hands-on experiences through service-learning classes, developing fundraising and wellness programs at KWU and in the community.
- Become familiar with state-of-the-art human performance equipment in our human performance lab.
- Complete a required internship where you’ll develop career contacts and skill.
- Participate in KWU’s athletic campus culture, where about 60 percent of students play a varsity sport.
- Enjoy a 99 percent placement rate in jobs and graduate school following graduation!
What can I do with an Exercise Science degree from Kansas Wesleyan University? Get a job!
Exercise Science graduates go on to become fitness trainers, wellness coaches and attend graduate school in physical therapy and other health and wellness-oriented fields.
Exercise your mind in these Exercise Science classes
Human Anatomy and Physiology with lab
Foundations for Health, Physical Education and Recreation
Physiology of Exercise
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools