Expand your passion in health and fitness.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Degree
You’re passionate about health, wellness and physical fitness. Why not major in it?
As an Exercise Science major, you will learn how to develop your own physical skills and help others on the path to lifelong wellness.
Exercise science students study a variety of scientific disciplines in addition to the study the science of human movement or kinesiology. You will also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience working in clinical and corporate settings throughout Salina.
With the population aging and interest in exercise and nutrition skyrocketing, you will find yourself in a career field with outstanding opportunities.
Why study Exercise Science at KWU? Outstanding facilities and real-world experience!
KWU’s focus on students and experiential education will give you the confidence, focus and skills you need to fulfill your goals whether you go into fitness practice or pursue graduate school in a health-related field or physical therapy.
- Gain hands-on experiences through service-learning classes, developing fundraising and wellness programs at KWU and in the community.
- Become familiar with state-of-the-art human performance equipment in our human performance lab.
- Complete a required internship where you’ll develop career contacts and skill.
- Enjoy a 98% placement rate in jobs and graduate school following graduation!
Personal Training professionals are responsible for the training and development of athletes, sport teams, and individuals just wanting to get back in to shape or wanting to target specific training goals
Are You Ready To Develop and Design Strength and Conditioning Programs?
- Use a good knowledge base of physiology, nutrition, physical training and corrective techniques to help individuals and teams improve overall fitness
- Motivate individuals to reach fitness goals
- Plan and oversee training sessions
- Instruct groups or individuals in the basics of fitness and sport
- Demonstrate proper training techniques
It Helps to Be…
A flexible, resourceful individual who is passionate about fitness and nutrition. Excellent communication and motivation skills are needed as well as leadership qualities and sincere care for the fitness goals of others.
Students in the Fitness and Wellness Concentration learn the importance of diet and exercise within the work place. Students will learn the skills to empower people to live a healthy lifestyle.
Are You Ready To…?
- Pass tough science classes, learning the different body systems and how they relate to over all fitness
- Use a good knowledge base of physiology, nutrition, and corrective techniques to help individuals improve
- Learn the importance of proper diet and exercise and why it is needed in the work place
- Train and council individuals of all ages, backgrounds, and fitness levels in proper nutrition and physical activity
- Develop and track individuals’ progress and alter existing programs to achieve desired results
It Helps to Be…
Someone who enjoys over all fitness, not just as an athlete. Patience and a caring nature will help in training unmotivated individuals