A Solid Foundation for Success
Because of the personalized nature of the education at Kansas Wesleyan University, our undergraduate Christian liberal arts curriculum offers excellent preparation for those interested in graduate professional training. Pre-Professional programs are designed for students who have a clear idea about their future careers.
A Pre-Professional program isn’t a major, rather it is a course of study that prepares you to attend law school, medical school, dentistry school or other post-graduate programs. A variety of majors and classes can satisfy professional school requirements. You will work closely with your Pre-Professional advisor to tailor your course work to the professional school you wish to attend.
KWU students who pursue Pre-Professional studies have had great success gaining admission to professional schools all over the country.
About Pre-Professional Programs
It is the mission of the KWU art and design department to develop academic excellence in the visual arts through the practice of a chosen discipline, the awareness of contemporary and historical motivation, both personal and spiritual, and opportunities to grow as responsible members of society.
Students who complete the Bachelor of Arts in Art or Design should be able to:
- Be professional within their concentration
- Have a strong portfolio of work
- Demonstrate an awareness of art’s impact throughout history and cultures.
- Student should be professional in processes within their concentration.
- Student should have a strong portfolio of work.
- Student should be able to demonstrate an awareness of arts impact throughout history and cultures.