Health & Physical Education Program (PreK-12)
Learn how to motivate your future students to be enthusiastic about fitness and science.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Degree
Students who complete their degree in Physical Education are prepared to teach physical education at various levels (preK-12)
Are you ready to…?
- Get involved in a variety of sport and fitness activities
- Learn the body’s mechanisms and how they relate to sports fitness
- Interact with children of all ages
- Develop lesson plans and a curriculum
- Complete students teaching at various school settings throughout the community
It helps to be…
Enthusiastic about fitness and ready to tackle challenging science classes. Good at motivating people. You will need to be flexible in order to work with a variety of students, ranging from the all American athlete to the all American couch potato.
This program is offered:
The Department of Sport and Exercise Science is committed to academic distinction, mentoring students and guiding the community in the development of personal growth, skill acquisition, sport and lifelong wellness.
Students who complete a Bachelor of Arts in Sport and Exercise Science will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehension and functional knowledge in the content areas of health and exercise sciences, physical education, or sport management.
- Apply knowledge of effective verbal, nonverbal, and media communication techniques to enhance learning and engagement in the area of Sport and Exercise Science.
- Demonstrate reflection and critical thinking in order to refine professional practice in their chosen field.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors including commitment to excellence, valuing diversity and collaboration, and service to others.
Professional Licensure Disclosures: Health and Physical Education PreK-12
Course Catalog With Requirements for Each SPE Program
2021-2022 Course Catalog
Sport and Exercise Science Department – p. 184
Exercise Science Major – p. 184
Health Science Major – p. 185
Health and Physical Education Major (Prek-12) – p. 186
Sports Management Major – p. 187
Health Minor – p. 187
Health Teacher Minor (Prek-12) – p. 188
Athletic Coaching Minor – p. 188
SPEC Minor – p. 188
Outdoor Recreation Minor – p. 188
Sports Management Minor – p. 189
SPES Course Descriptions – p. 189