You are here
Welcome to KWU
Transfer credits. Create a unique experience. Come to KWU.
Want to live in a bigger city? Ready to transfer your community college credentials to a university? Just looking for something different? Kansas Wesleyan University is ready to welcome you!
We Welcome You to KWU!
If you are ready to make a change, or you are graduating soon and want to turn your associate degree into a bachelor’s degree, Kansas Wesleyan University makes it easy!
To Be Considered A Transfer Student You Must Meet One of the Following Criteria:
- Full- or part-time degree-seeking students who have taken 24 or more transferable college credit hours since high school graduation or completion of the GED.
- Students who have less than 24 transferring graded credit hours must meet the requirements specified for New Freshman applicants.
Requirements for full-time and part-time students:
- Applicants must have earned a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0-2.25 on a 4.0 scale for 24 or more transferable graded credit hours
- Applicants must submit an official transcript from each college attended demonstrating they have left the institution “in good standing.”
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Kansas Wesleyan must conduct both an unofficial and official degree audit to determine courses that transfer to the institution.
Please note: Grades earned on the quarter-term system do not transfer at the full credit listed on the transcript. Quarter-term hours compute at two-thirds of KWU credit hours; e.g., 4 quarter-term hours will equal 2.67 semester hours. The Registrars Office compiles official equivalencies
Steps To Apply
- To fill out an online undergraduate application click here.
- A non-refundable $20.00 application fee may be required.
. Send us your Transcripts
- Request an official transcript to be sent to KWU directly from EVERY accredited college you have ever attended, as well as high school transcripts if applicable. If you have taken dual credit courses, the college involved must send us a transcript as well.
You may order your transcripts through parchment.com or ask your school to:
- Email to email@example.com
- Fax to (785) 404-1485 (note that high school transcripts must include a cover sheet)
- Mail to
Kansas Wesleyan University
100 E. Claflin Ave., Box 20
Salina, KS 67401
Please remember that transcripts are only official if they are sent directly from the school. Your high school transcript must include your graduation date, and a college/university transcript is not final if classes are listed as IP (in progress) on it.
Final transcripts will be required before beginning classes at Kansas Wesleyan.
3. Complete your FAFSA
- Sign up for your FSA ID. In order to sign a dependent student's FAFSA, a parent or guardian will also need a FSA ID linked to a unique email address. All federal student aid information is available electronically at studentaid.gov. After you receive an email validating your information, you can use your FSA ID to complete your FAFSA. KWU's priority deadline is March 15, and Kansas Wesleyan's school code is #001929. Check your MyKWU portal (MyKWU/Students/Financial Info/Financial Aid Document Tracking) for any other items that may be necessary.
4. Reserve your spot
- Once you have been accepted and have reviewed your financial aid award package, send in your non-refundable enrollment fee to reserve your residence hall room, scholarships or aid awards, and allow registration in classes. Once you have paid your deposit then you can fill out your residence hall application.
With support from our friendly faculty and staff, you’ll hit the ground running AND make the most of your prior experience and transfer credits at KWU.
Calculate the costs.
We will work with you to make sure the Kansas Wesleyan experience is affordable for you and your family. Get started with our Net Price Calculator.
Join us on Transfer Student Visit Day. Discover for yourself why so many transfer students find the Kansas Wesleyan a friendly and welcoming community. Live out of state? Check out our online tour.
Start living your passion.
Join the Kansas Wesleyan family. Pursue your academic goals and your personal interests outside of the classroom. Learn more about ways to get involved.
Don’t just take our word for it. Hear what our new students have to say.
Reasons to Love Kansas Wesleyan
Support from faculty and campus life. Service and lifelong relationships. Hear what our current students value about life at Kansas Wesleyan and the Power of AND.