Financial Aid Offer
You will receive your Notification of Aid (called an “Financial Aid Offer”) in two locations:
- You will receive a “Financial Aid Offer” in your KWU email account. Check you KWU email account DAILY beginning about a week after you submit your FAFSA.
- Posted on your MyKWU Portal Account under “Current Students” in the section titled “Financial Aid Awards.” If you click on the blue hypertext link name of the program for each award, it will take you to detailed information about each financial aid program and the rights and responsibilities you accept, when you accept the aid.
REMEMBER: You MUST accept your aid on your Portal Account, or they will not “disburse” (be applied to your account) to pay for your charges, leaving your tuition bill unpaid.
To ACCEPT your aid on your My KWU Student Portal Account:
- Log onto your My KWU Student Portal Account
- Click on “Students” on the bar near the top
- Click on “Financial Information” on the left side of the screen
- Scroll down to find and click on “View your Financial Assistance Awards” box
- Click on the purple hypertext link called “Accept/Decline Aid”
- Click the “ACCEPT” button for each award you wish to accept (SEE BELOW*)
- Click the “Next” button
- Click the “Submit” button, AND then
- Click the “Continue” button — and you are done.
* If there are awards you wish to remove from your Financial Aid award, click on DECLINE for each award you wish to decline. Then click “Next”, then click “Submit”, then click “Continue.” Remember: If you DECLINE an award, you must make other arrangements for payment of the tuition and/or charges that would have been paid with the aid program you are declining. Speak with the K-Dub Hub at (785) 833-4315 for further explanation and to discuss your options. Also, see the discussion and explanation on the Tuition and Costs page.
When Will Aid be Applied to My Student Account at KWU?
When will my financial assistance award be applied (disbursed) to my account with the University to pay my charges for tuition, etc? When do I receive my financial aid money?
Your Financial Assistance Awards, except campus employment wages, will be applied to pay your charges once you have completed these steps:
- You have accepted or Declined each award offered on your myKWU Portal Account, and
- You have submitted all required documents, and
- For first-time Direct student loan borrowers, you have completed your Entrance Counseling and your Master Promissory Note at the Federal Student Aid website.
- For prior Direct student loan borrowers, you have completed the Annual student Loan Acknowledgement at the Federal Student Aid website.
The U.S. Department of Education allows us to post the Financial Aid awards to your account no earlier than ten (10) days before the first day of classes for each term. However, modular schedules require that disbursement be postponed until the student has attended sufficient units to be eligible for the award. Undergraduate Summer Session, all eight-week courses, and all graduate courses are modular and are therefore affected in this way.
Processing of aid begins at the completion of the Add/Drop period for each term.