You are here
Department of Sport and Exercise Science (SPES)
The Department of Sport and Exercise Science (SPES) provides a hands-on approach to prepare graduates for positions in professional and university athletic programs, community sports organizations, private and public fitness, recreation programs, as well as health and physical education.
Students are able to complete their education with authentic experience within the university and community allowing for a realistic experience to education. The Department of Sport and Exercise Science is committed to educate, mentor, and guide students, faculty, and the community in the development of personal growth, skill acquisition, and lifelong wellness.
In addition to the pre-professional programs, cooperative programs and graduate school preparation, the department also offers a service program for the Liberal Studies requirement.
- Exercise Science - with concentrations in Fitness & Wellness and Personal Training
- Physical Education (PreK-12)
- Sports Management
- Health Science-with concentrations in Pre-Athletic Training and Pre-Physical Therapy
The Department of Sport and Exercise Science is committed to academic distinction, mentoring students and guiding the community in the development of personal growth, skill acquisition, sport and lifelong wellness.
Students who complete a Bachelor of Arts in Sport and Exercise Science will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehension and functional knowledge in the content areas of health and exercise sciences, physical education, or sport management.
- Apply knowledge of effective verbal, nonverbal, and media communication techniques to enhance learning and engagement in the area of Sport and Exercise Science.
- Demonstrate reflection and critical thinking in order to refine professional practice in their chosen field.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors including commitment to excellence, valuing diversity and collaboration, and service to others.