You are here
Job and Internships
Job, Internships, and Volunteer Opportunitiues
All jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities are sent to students in the Kansas Wesleyan University Wednesday's Opportunities for Work (KWU WOW) email newsletter. The KWU WOW is full of opportunities approved through Kansas Wesleyan University Student Development Office. However, we may not be able to verify the quality, accuracy, or value of all job information communicated to us by other organizations. If you have any questions, concerns, insights, and/or knowledge about any jobs posted please notify Student Development Career Center immediately.
If you have a job or internship opportunity you would like to post to students or upcoming KWU graduates through the KWU WOW Newsletter, please email the opportunity details to email@example.com. The information needed for posting a job must include:
- Organization: Name and Location
- Job Title: Brief Description of the Position
- Schedule: Number of Hours, Full Time or Part Time
- Application Contact: Who can they send their application to or website to apply
The KWU WOW is a weekly newsletter, and the job posting information will be sent in the KWU WOW for 2 weeks, unless other arrangements are made.
For KWU Students
The Kansas Wesleyan University Wednesday's Opportunities for Work (KWU WOW) newsletter will be sent to your KWU email account every wednesday. If you have any questions about applying for any of the opportunities in the KWU WOW, or need help searching for jobs or internships, please contact Bridget Weiser, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling her at 785-827-5541 ext. 1168.
According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), internships are employers’ #1 method of recruiting new hires. Most employers (87.2%) interviewed by NACE said their new hires do have internship experiences. Nearly 40% of interns are offered full-time jobs upon graduation. These, and many others, are great reasons why KWU students are actively seeking and participating in internship opportunities.
The KWU Career Center is here to help seek out and connect local, national, and inter-national internship opportunities to Kansas Wesleyan University students. The Career Center regularly emails internship opportunities to students as they become available. There are also workshops throughout the year on seeking, applying for, and making the most of internship opportunities for advancing your career. If you have any questions about internships, please stop by the KWU Student Development Office or contact Bridget Weiser, email@example.com, or by calling her at 785-827-5541 ext. 1168..
In order to help you better protect yourself from fraudulent job postings here are a few things to keep in mind
- Research the company: Web sites, better business bureau, the United States Federal Trade Commission, the local Chamber of Commerce, ask around to see if others have had any experiences with company posting position, etc.
- Make informed decisions: Most employers will not ask for personal information until you arrive at their offices for an interview and are given a formal job application. So be wary if you are asked to give your Social Security Number by phone, email, or online.
- Check references: Ask for references if you’re not sure about the company’s legitimacy and check them.
- Think twice: If it sounds too good to be true, you can be sure it is!
- Be careful meeting people: The first time you meet someone in person, take a friend along or meet and stay in public places. Be sure someone knows where you’re going and when to expect you back. Take your cell phone and have a friend call periodically. Take along some form of personal protection.
- If someone tries to get you into a situation you are not comfortable with, don’t hesitate to refuse, leave, or do whatever is necessary to protect yourself. NOTHING THAT ANYONE ELSE DOES CAN OBLIGATE YOU TO COMPROMISE YOUR OWN SAFETY!
- If you suspect a job posting is fraudulent, please contact: Student Development 785-827-5541 ext. 1160 and/or Career Services ext 1162 immediately!