You are here
The World Is Your Classroom
Welcome to KWU!
Your adventure starts here. Wondering what to expect during your first few weeks? Looking for information on next steps in your admission process? You’ve come to the right place.
Freshman Applicants Include
- Those students who have never attended college previously.
- Students with fewer than 24 graded transferring credit hours from other colleges or universities.
- High school seniors who took college courses during high school or the summer immediately following high school graduation.
Requirements for Regular Admission
(Full and Part-Time Degree-Seeking)
- A completed application for admission along with the non-refundable $20 application fee.
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, a GED average score of at least 550, or rank in the upper 50% of their senior class.
Steps To Apply
- To fill out an online undergraduate application click here.
- A non-refundable $20.00 application fee is required.
2. Send us your Transcripts
- Request a final official transcript to be sent to KWU directly from EVERY accredited college you have ever attended.
3. Complete your FAFSA
- Electronically submit the student and/or parent federal income tax return as soon as possible after January 1. Two weeks later complete your FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Priority deadline is March 15. KWU’s school code for the FAFSA is #001929. Wait another two weeks and then go back to your FAFSA and click on IRS Data Retrieval Tool to link your IRS tax return information to successfully complete your FAFSA.
4. Reserve your spot
- Once you have been accepted and have reviewed your financial aid award package, send in your non-refundable Confirmation Deposit to reserve your residence hall room, scholarships or aid awards, and allow registration in classes. Once you have paid your deposit then you can fill out your residence hall application.
As a member of the Kansas Wesleyan community, you’ll pursue your academic interests AND thrive on a beautiful campus in the heart of Salina, a city full of exciting cultural events and professional opportunities.
Here’s what you need to do to prepare for your first semester:
Make sure you’re ready. Kick off your journey by being prepared. Make sure you meet our admission criteria for full- and part-time students. Follow our Enrollment Checklist.
Figure out your finances.
We work hard to make a personalized, enriching liberal arts education affordable to all. Get started with our net cost calculator, and if you need further assistance, our team in the K-Dub Hub is always available to help!
Start living your passion.
In our student-centered, community-focused environment, you’ll pursue your academic goals and explore your interests outside of the classroom. The Wesleyan Journey Activities, internships and the long list of clubs, organizations and fun sponsored by Student Development will help you make the most of your KWU experience.
Don’t just take our word for it. Hear what our new students have to say.
Reasons to Love Kansas Wesleyan
From faculty and campus life to service and life-long relationships, hear what our current students value about life at Kansas Wesleyan and the Power of AND.